2. If your community wants to take in people, contact a Houston church and ask them to post your number on the bulletin boards in the Astro Dome.
3. If you have a truck, van, or can rent a U-Haul for the day, go down to the shelters and offer to shuttle people to the airport, bus station or wherever they need to go.
4. Urge your business to take laptops to the shelters and AstroDome to help people get on HurricaneHousing.org.
5. Take prepaid cell phones to the people in the shelters.
6. If you can offer someone a job, go the shelters and post notices.
7. Get your church, school or neighborhood to take full responsibility for getting three or four families relocated and fully back on their feet.
8. You do not need to wait for the government to tell you what to do. Do something right now.