There is no special formula on how to pray for guidance. We all have the ability to reach out for help here on earth and during out spiritual lives. We can trust that God will guide, warn and love us even in dire circumstances.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.” Yes, lean and trust Him.
He can be depended on as we are called into companionship and participation with His son Jesus Christ. We are partners and joint heirs with the King of Kings.
This truth is something to get excited about today. Ask God to show up and He will. He might show you through the Word, your heart, or through prayer time. There are no limits—we tend to stick Him in a box. That is not His style sometimes. Maybe you feel that you can’t pray. You might be burned out, or depressed.
Psalm 73:23-24 shared that “Nevertheless I am continually with You--You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel. You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory.”
Don’t know where to begin?
Here are six tips on what you can do when looking to prayer for guidance, trust and hope, too.
1. Ask for wisdom and help. We tend to be prideful and want to make it on our own, does not always works out. Ask.
“Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
2. Be honest as we are all diamonds in the rough. Learning to trust God totally is a lifetime. Don’t be discouraged if you feel odd, or can’t find the words. They don’t need to be pretty. David poured his heart to the Lord, freely. He didn't worry about his words or perfection.
3. Choose to believe He will hear you. Say “I trust You God” to guide me and show me where you want me to go.
4. Walk me through each step. Write all your prayers requests down and pray over it. Date it when he answered. Overtime you will see how God worked through it. This will build your confidence and strengthen your walk.
5. Psalms 143: “Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.” Ask Him to teach you or what He wants you to learn.
6. Praise Him. Praise God and be thankful. You don’t need to be in church to do this. It can be in your car, a room, or wherever you are. Worship, worship, and praise Him. Enter the gates with praise. God moves and revels himself through praise.
Isaiah 48:17-18 said that the Lord teaches us for "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, Who leads you in the way you should go.”If only you had paid attention to My commandments! Then your well-being would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.”