When it comes to influencers, we all have our favorites. We like to read up on what they’re up to – from their personal life to what they’re professionally working on. Influencers live, eat and sleep in the limelight. But do you really know all there is to know about your favorite influencers?
The famous singer, rapper and songwriter is legally known as Melissa Viviane Jefferson. She was born in Detroit, Michigan but she moved to Houston, Texas when she started her performing career. Later, she moved to Minneapolis where she began her career as a recording artist.
Lizzo, 31, told Time, “I’ve been doing positive music for a long-a** time. Then the culture changed. There were a lot of things that weren’t popular but existed, like body positivity, which at first was a form of protest for fat bodies and black women and has now become a trendy, commercialized thing. Now I’ve seen it reach the mainstream. Suddenly I’m mainstream!”
Props to God: Lizzo refers to her God-moments as ‘Hallelujah moments’. These are times in life where you know things are possible because of a higher being. She believes these ‘Hallelujah moments’ are similar to God-winks.
Things You Didn’t Know:
- Lizzo is an incredible flute player. She began paying the flute in elementary school and stuck with it throughout her school career.
- She landed her first singing gig off of Craigslist.
Kanye West seems to constantly reinvent himself. Recently, Kanye has began hosting the popular Sunday Service. He has combined his love for music, fashion and Jesus Christ into the religion hand-crafted for a younger social media demo. Big celebrities have attended the famous Sunday Service and showed support for Kanye’s revived faith.
With sales to back his faithful take on music, Kanye doesn’t seem to be holding back or switching things up any time soon. “Jesus is King” has already surpassed 197 million streams and sold over $264,000 in album sales.
Props to God: Kanye’s journey to a relationship with God is a timeline of events:
- “Actually, when I went to the hospital a few years ago, I wrote in the hospital ‘start a church in Calabasas.’ It’s something I had a feeling that I had to do, that God put in my heart, and now He just keeps taking me on to new levels and taking us to new levels that we didn’t even imagine before.”
- “I’m a grown man. I made up my own mind. I actually made it this far by not listening to anybody. So, I don’t want advice from people, but it’s God that came and put this thing on my heart and said: ‘Are you willing to be in service to [Me]?
Things You Didn’t Know:
- Kanye West lived in China for a year when he was 10 years old.
- He owns multiple Burger King franchises across Europe.
- He helped organize the Donda West law in California. The law was signed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and made medical clearance mandatory for all cosmetic surgery procedures. Kayne was inspired to present the law after tragically losing his mother to complications after a cosmetic surgery.
Justin Bieber’s talent isn’t the only reason why we’re all obsessed with him. His on and off again relationship with pop singer, Selena Gomez and his marriage to Hailey Baldwin, has definitely filled the media waves.
Before making it big, Bieber has always been very open about his love for his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He’s not shy and has discussed his struggles with drug abuse and anxiety – and credits his faith for getting him through the ups and downs. In a social media post, Bieber shared, “Luckily, God blessed with extraordinary people who love me for me. Now I am navigating the best season of my life ‘marriage' which is an amazing, crazy, new responsibility. You learn patience, trust, commitment, kindness, humility and all of the things it looks like to be a good man.”
Props to God: Justin Bieber believes his blessings are because of the Lord.
- “I feel invincible like, nothing is bigger than God.”
- “If God’s for me, who can be against me? That’s helped me in a lot of situations where I feel judged. It gives you confidence and you can carry yourself in a cool way, but it’s not cocky.”
- “I just wanna honestly live like Jesus. Not be Jesus – I could never…”
Things You Didn’t Know:
- He’s a big fan of the movie “The Notebook”.
- He suffers from claustrophobia.
- Bieber is a big fan of all things Disney.
- The successful artist taught himself how to play the guitar, piano, trumpet and drums. He received his first drum set at two years old. By the age of four, he knew how to play the drums and began to create his own music.
Christian music fans have probably heard Lauren Daigle’s beautiful melodies for a while. When the artist released the song “You Say”, mainstream radio stations began to play her music. “You Say” is actually about the relationship an individual has with God. Now stations, all over the world, are playing Lauren Daigle’s music despite the Christian roots and references.
Lauren was only 15 years old when she was diagnosed with an illness called cytomegalovirus. The immune deficiency kept her homebound for about two years. The singer credits her homebound adventure to learning about her talent and love for singing. To avoid depression, Lauren’s mom thought it would be a good idea for Lauren to take voice lessons. She was susceptible to any germs or illnesses. In an interview with iHeart radio Lauren said, “And I feel in love, it became my healing. From that space that’s where those songs come from. I feel like that experience, I could live a lifetime off of just those two years.”
Props to God:
- “My goal is always to just do my best and hope that the people who find my music also find God in the process.”
- “We, as Christians, have a legacy to leave, and it’s all about a love of Christ to permeate the music and reach the hearts of all the people out there, that don’t know Him and do know Him.”
Things You Didn’t Know:
- Lauren is a self-proclaimed foodie. Born and raised in Louisiana, she is a fan of spicy foods. Some of her favorite dishes are Cajun BBQ glazed shrimp over smoked gouda grits, fish tacos, and homemade Bourbon chocolate chip pecan pie.
- The beautiful singer is an adrenaline junkie. From motorcycles and cliff jumping, the once homebound woman loves a good thrill.
- Lauren’s favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 26:3. “You will keep in perfect peace those minds are steadfast, because of you.”
- At five years old, she wrote her first song. Any guess what her inspiration was? Chocolate milk.
Super interesting, right? These influencers are some of the most talented people in the entertainment industry. The men and women are making impacted young minds by showing them that they can be whoever they want to be. Lizzo is removing stigmas associated with weight and body shaming. Instead of allowing young girls to feel terrible about their image, Lizzo is helping those girls see their beauty.
Kanye, Justin and Lauren are spreading the Lord’s word and instilling the hope everyone can with a solid faith foundation. They’re also teaching young people that you can surpass any difficult situation if you are determined. Your gifts can empower you.
Are you fan of these influencers? Did you learn something new about this talented group of people? I know, we sure did!