OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. EST on Friday, , 2008 and ends at 11:59 p.m.. EST on Thursday, March 20, 2008 ("Promotion Period").
2. HOW TO ENTER: Visit our "Eggie Awards site" and follow the instructions on the contest page. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter sweepstakes is prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply.
3. CONTEST JUDGING: Entries will be judged and the winner chosen by the community and Beliefnet editors. Decisions of judges are final on all matters relating to this contest. Entries must be entrant’s own original work, have not won a previous prize or award and have not been previously published, must not infringe on any third-party rights and must be deemed suitable by Sponsor. Entries deemed lewd or offensive may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. CONTEST PRIZE(S) AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES(“ARV”): See description on "Eggie Awards" main page. Prize does not possess any retail value.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all Beliefnet readers, 13 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Beliefnet, its/their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
6. GENERAL RULES: If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. By accepting the prize, winners agree that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of the sponsor's officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this sweepstakes or participation in any sweepstakes or prize related activity. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER(S) LIST: The names of winners will be available for viewing at the Community site from March 24, 2008 to April 7, 2008.
8. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Beliefnet, www.beliefnet.com
(Back to "Eggie Awards" page)