It’s hard to converse with people who mumble or whisper. There are two parts to a conversation: Speaking and listening. When we are having a conversation with God, listening is more important than speaking. Psalm 85:8 says, “I will listen to God the Lord. He has ordered peace for those who worship Him.” The nation of […]
II Peter 3:9
Central Theme: God is patient with everyone.
Introduction– Bring branch from the jassmine vine. Tell about the other one getting killed in the storm. I was sad because it was beautiful and large and provided shade for the back yard. Do you think a man of God should be more concerned about a dead plant or a city like Vero Beach (Melbourne), Florida?
I. Have a member read II Peter 3:9
A. Tell the story of Jonah.
B. Show a dead plant.
C. Jonah wanted God to kill all the people in the city. However, he was so angry when the plant that had grown over night had died that he said he wanted to die.
II. God is patient with everyone.
1. Tell about getting angry with some people who were spreading terrible gossip about you. At times you wanted them to disappear. I didn’t really want them to die but I wished they would just be gone.
2. God helped me to love them because he loves them.
B. This is how God helps me be patient with people I don’t want to be patient with.
1. God can help me remember that he loves that person as much as he loves me.
2. God can help me find good things about that person.
3. God can help me love that person when they are not with me.
A. Many times when we are not with a person, we think about what the other person did or said and then we get angry.
Conclusion–God is patient and he can help me to be patient also.