Thank you for visiting Progressive Revival. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Faith, Media and Culture Prayer, Plain and Simple Happy Blogging!!!
“The head of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, Afrasiab Khattak, says the move is pushing Pakistani society towards religious totalitarianism.”
Other developments described in the article include:
- The planned creation of a Department of Vice and Virtue which recalls the worst excess of the Taliban.
- Civil workers must pray five times a day
- Music sales will be curbed
- Cinemas have been closed
- Women cannot be examined by male doctors
- Males cannot coach women athletes
“Pakistan is experiencing a moment of truth. A corrupt and incompetent political leadership is facing an enemy which has brainwashed itself to kill and die in the name of God. Pakistan is the battle ground and its poor people are caught in the crossfire. If the Taliban wont kill them it’ll be the Pakistani army or the US drone attacks. Islamic law is just an excuse for gangsters, drug runners, murderers and fanatics to have a safe haven for themselves.”