Is your Mouth of Chi blocked, cluttered or just plain messy? The Mouth of Chi* is a term used in Feng Shui*. It references your front door, the primary point of entry into your home (or office or cubicle), whether you favor that door or another. The Mouth of Chic is much like our physical […]
Many of my clients tell me that they feel as if they are entitled to a treat after a long, hard day at work or a complicated day at home. They say, “I deserve to have a piece of cake.”
The truth is that you deserve way more than a slice of cake, (no, I am not inferring that you deserve the entire cake!). Cake only lasts for a short second and then it turns on a dime (or a crumb) into a self-deprecating rant.
You deserve to have what you really, really want, which I believe is to feel at peace, to love and accept yourself, to be free of any and all self-deprecating and self-sabotaging thoughts. Letting go of the negativity will lighten your load, for sure!
Instead of turning to a piece of cake … try turning a deaf ear to cake and one or more of Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness (Whew! Now there’s a mouthful!)
- Curl up in the corner and read that book that you’ve had your eye on (oh, could it be Our Lady of Weight Loss!)
- Download your favorite i-Tune for only $1.29 (more or less). A cheap thrill!
- Order groceries on-line, with your feet up. (A weigh-safer way to shop, even if you are hungry).
- Go for a ride on a motorcycle (wear a helmet, please!).
- Send the laundry out – let someone else fold the towels.
- String a hammock in your back yard and swing baby, swing.
- Get a manicure and a 10-minute massage! If you usually get a plain jane color, go bold – if you usually go bold, tone it down.
- Go to the movies, alone. (So great not to have to worry if others like the movie, or not.)
- Take a walk on a hiking trail or in a park, or around your neighborhood. Walking instead of driving about will give you a different perspective on where you live.
- Take in deep cleansing breaths. Don’t underestimate breathing. It’s an amazing thing!
- Rent a convertible and go for a joy ride. Blast the radio or your favorite CD while toolin’ around the country side.
- Go Mehndi. Mehndi is the Indian word for Henna. Henna is a beautiful and natural plant product that stains the skin a reddish brown color. When applied properly and in intricate designs you have a natural and temporary “tattoo” that gradually fades away as the skin regenerates.
- Dye your hair a new color – or brighten up your highlights.For more solid, smart, utterly useful and fun advice, join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/FB!And–for the full skinny sign up for Janice Taylor’s (monthly) Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!
Spread the Word-–NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor, Life and Wellness Coach,
Weight Loss Expert, Author, Artist, Positarian
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom,
visit Janice: Our Lady of Weight Loss
Sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!