Is your Mouth of Chi blocked, cluttered or just plain messy? The Mouth of Chi* is a term used in Feng Shui*. It references your front door, the primary point of entry into your home (or office or cubicle), whether you favor that door or another. The Mouth of Chic is much like our physical […]
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Greetings, cheers … hello Tushkateers!
How are you on this happy day? Joyful? Smiling? I am, even though I am a whole day behind schedule! Yes, this Kick in the Tush is a day late, but NOT a dollar short! (Remember that saying; if not, I guess I’m dating myself.)
Yesterday, I was busy flying back from Tucson, packing my notes, supplies and materials to bring to the Feed Your Soul workshop that I am leading in Rowe, MA this weekend, AND smiling. Simultaneously! (Pretty impressive, huh?)
Yes, I was smiling! On purpose! After I had carefully gathered what I consider to be one of the best collections of quotes on joy (see side bar), I noted all the smiles (i.e.: the above Thich Nhat Hanh quote), which reminded of the importance, the benefits, the power of the smile!
Try on a smile! Even if you are behind schedule, smile. Even if you are having a crappy day, smile. Even if you are so not feeling it; even if your eyes are rolling to the back of your head and you’re saying, “Come on, Janice, give me a break.” Smile! Smile! Smile!
Here, 9 most excellent reasons to smile!
- Smiling makes us look younger. When I realized that smiling makes me look younger and, acts as an instant facelift with a $0 price tag, I smiled big! Apparently, the muscles we use to smile lift the face, and create a more youthful appearance. Smile!
- Smiling pulls people in. Did you know that frowns, scowls and grimaces push people away? And that smiling brings people in? Smile!
- Smiling Changes Our Mood. “They” say (and I’ve experienced it as well and I’m guessing you have too) that smiling can change your mood for the better, as in shift you toward happy. Smile!
- Smiling is Contagious. You’ve heard the expression, “She smiled and lit up the room.” It’s true! Be the lightbulb. Smile, lighten up the room and the people in that room! Use your super-power. Smile!
- Smiling Boosts Your Immune System. Let’s agree that smiling can help you to feel more relaxed, and if so, then feeling more relaxed can have a happy affect on your immune system. You just might ward off the flu and colds by smiling. Smile!
- Smiling Lowers Your Blood Pressure. Again, ‘they’ say that smiling produces a measurable reduction in blood pressure. If you want to test it out, then grab yourself one of those blood pressure monitor at home kits and take a reading when you feel like your head is about to explode, and then again, when smiling. Smile!
- Smiling Is a Natural Drug. Smiling can help to release endorphins, natural painkillers and serotonin. These three ‘releasing agents,’ make us feed good. Smile!
- Smiling Implies “Successful Person” In the House. Because smiling makes a person look more confident, and the more confident you are (or appear to be; don’t underestimate the power of perception), the more likely you are to be promoted and/or receive a pay raise. Smile!
- Smiling Conveys Forgiveness. Are you ready to ‘let it go’ and move on? If you are, smiling sends a signal to the other that you are open to forgiving or asking for forgiveness. Smile!
Speaking of the Rowe workshop; this really is your last chance to Feed Your Soul, Change Your Weight at Rowe!!! The workshop starts on March 29 (this coming Friday night) and runs thru Sunday afternoon. Rowe is in the Berkshire mountains in Massachusetts. The setting is spectacular! The people who run Rowe are kind, generous and they smile, a lot! AND they give discounts accordingly and are open to bartering. Imagine that!!!
And–quite honestly–I give great workshop! People who have attended in previous years say:
“Attending Janice’s workshop was my last ditch attempt to lose weight and feel happy, and it worked.” ~ Susan B.
“I was expecting the usual food/diet workshop; eat this-not that, but Janice’s workshop was not that. It was uplifting, informative, mind changing and life changing.” ~ Andi M.
“There is something joyful about Janice’s work (and Janice, too), and I wanted a piece of it. So, I took a leap of faith and signed up for the 2011 Feed Your Soul workshop, and I was not disappointed. I laughed, I cried (happy tears), and I lost weight!” ~ Sarah W.
Hope you ALL can make it! If you have any questions, feel free to write me about ROWE!
For more joy-filled living, visit our Facebook/Kick in the Tush Club chapter, where you’ll find a link to this fully loaded Kick–and feel free to leave comment(s) there! Okay? Okay!!!
EnJOY your week!!!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!
PS: Dictated but not read by OLWL. Excuse all typos!
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook