Is your Mouth of Chi blocked, cluttered or just plain messy? The Mouth of Chi* is a term used in Feng Shui*. It references your front door, the primary point of entry into your home (or office or cubicle), whether you favor that door or another. The Mouth of Chic is much like our physical […]
As we blast our way into the holiday season, people increasingly say to me, “I wish I were naturally thin.” Then I could eat as many holiday cookies, drink as much eggnog and slide as many sliders down the hatch as I like, without worrying about the number on the scales of injustice, or how I look in my already tight jeans.” (Punctuated by an audible sigh)
People think that naturally thin people can eat whatever they want, without consequence.
Is that true? Or, is it yet another “urban diet myth” that needs to be put to rest? I set out to find out, collecting data in my own very scientific way. I dined with numerous naturally thin people, asked questions and observed!
The Seven Truths About Naturally Thin People (NTP)
- Hog Wild? Contrary to popular belief, NTP do not eat unlimited amounts of food. On the contrary, they pay attention to portion size. If a NTP eats more than one day, then they “right” themselves the next day.
- The Scale? NTP pay attention to the number on the scale and if their weight starts to escalate, they scale back. And (get this!), no matter the number, their mood remains in tact.
- Amnesia? NTP do not suffer from food amnesia. They remember what they eat, which informs their next choices.
- Restaurant Eating? NTP tend to either order an appetizer for their main dish, or share the main dish, or take half of the main dish home.
- Yum Yum? NTP enjoy food, one bite at a time. They are not preoccupied with the next bite, the next course or the next meal.
- Stuffing? NTP do not stuff down their emotions.
- Sated? NTP eat until sated (not stuffed). When sated, they put down the fork and push away from the table.
The difference between you and a “naturally thin person” has little if nothing to do with food. NTP have a different mindset and perspective.
“You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it.” ~ Albert Einstein
Ready to change your mind? Try this miracle cure on for size!
Spread the word…NOT the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Weight Loss Expert
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB