Is your Mouth of Chi blocked, cluttered or just plain messy? The Mouth of Chi* is a term used in Feng Shui*. It references your front door, the primary point of entry into your home (or office or cubicle), whether you favor that door or another. The Mouth of Chic is much like our physical […]
Here follows some very interesting information about your skin, and five (5) ‘natural recipes’ for skin care, guaranteed to help you glow healthy, AND – major weight loss bonus here – if you utilize these recipes at night, after dinner, then your hands, mind and mouth (assuming you’re putting healthy skin paste around it) will be occupied. Get it?! Got it?! Good!!!
The skin is our largest and most sensitive organ. Each square inch contains 1,300 nerve endings. It is an extension of our nervous system, and it can be directly affected by our thoughts and emotions. Rashes, hives and eczema can occur during times of emotional distress.
Our skin is so sensitive that when we apply creams, lotions and skin products alike, they get absorbed by the pores and take a little voyage into the blood stream. We wouldn’t want any uninvited toxic substances entering our bodies, would we?
More label reading? For sure. But if you want to play it safe, here are five natural recipes for skin care.
1. Turmeric & Cream: Mix one teaspoon of turmeric and two ounces of heavy cream (borrow from a neighbor, surely you don’t have heavy cream in your refrigerator!). Apply to the skin with a facial sponge, rinse off. (Turmeric has natural antiseptic and antibiotic properties, so this recipe works against blemishes as well.)
2. Almond-Honey Scrub: Mix two tablespoons crushed almonds and one tablespoon honey. Gently rub on face. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse with warm water.
3. Cucumber Mask: Blend together one cubed cucumber and 3 ounces milk (whole, skim or otherwise). Gently apply onto face. Leave on for five minutes. Rinse with warm water.
4. Yogurt Mud Pack: Mix together 3 tablespoons fuller’s earth and 3 tablespoons plain yogurt into a paste. Pat onto face with gentle, upward strokes. Let dry for approx. 15 to 20 minutes . Rinse off with warm water.
5. Peel-Off Masque: Heat together 1 packet of unflavored gelatin and 1/2 cup natural apple juice. Let cool until almost set and then apply to face. Let dry completely. Then peel off!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is …
wise * fun * utterly useful
Janice Taylor’s KICK in the TUSH Club videos!
Subscribe and Receive – as they are HOT off the REEL!
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club