gofundme

Jorge Guillen, a 43-year-old man from El Paso, Texas tragically lost his life while vacationing in Mexico after he was electrocuted in a hot tub. He and his wife, Lizette Zambrano, were vacationing at a resort in Mexico when the incident occurred. According to media reports, Guillen passed away on June 11th  “in the jacuzzi of a complex of private condominiums in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora after an electric discharge.” His wife remains in critical condition after being transported to an American hospital. Witnesses said that they saw the couple in the hot tub, but noticed they were not moving. They tried to get the couple out of the hot tub, but realized they were unresponsive and was in shock. They immediately called authorities for help.

Their friends and family have set up a GoFundMe page, remembering Guillen for having a “heart of gold.” “Our best friends have experienced a horrible accident. Jorge had a heart of gold and was always there for family and friends. The love they shared was one for ages,” reads the GoFundMe page.

Guillen was a student at Western Technical College, where the school held a moment of silence for him on Friday during a graduation ceremony. “Those who knew George knew that he was enthusiastic. He was passionate. He loved HVAC. He was a real big family man. Definitely a very respectable, professional young man,” the trade school’s president, Maxine Valencia, said to KFOX14/CBS4. “We are just as saddened as the rest of the world about the passing of our beloved student, Jorge Guillen. The news reached us last night through one of Jorge’s classmates,” the school also wrote on Facebook. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and the family of his wife, Lizzette Zambrano, who remains in critical condition.”

More from Beliefnet and our partners
Close Ad