A common thread among clients who come to me for self-empowerment counseling is “Why do people use me?” And they groan, “Why me?” And they whine, “I’ll never get what I want because of _____.” I tell them to fill in that blank with, “because I allow myself to be a victim.” People don’t make […]
Today’s “I love me” tip is from self-love ambassador, Taylor Ryan, NASM CPT, nutrition consultant, and blogger at LiftingRevolution.com. Here’s what she has to say:
I think it’s going to be a little obvious on my favorite way I indulge in self-love—a great workout of course! Exercise is my favorite way of self-love because there are few internal feelings like the one after a workout where you’ve given it everything you got. Let me explain…
1. Accomplishment. It feels amazing to accomplish something like a intense workout. It boosts self-pride.
2. Confidence. You feel like “The Woman/Man!” You feel like you can do anything and that’s confidence… that’s self-love.
3. You walk taller. After a tough workout there’s a strut you sway to for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I think it’s that pride, but also knowing you’ve done something most people don’t.
4. Feeling sexy. What could be more self-loving then feeling sexy. Especially when you get to buy great fitness clothes as you lose weight.
5. Satisfaction. Knowing you’re doing something that keeps you young, energized, smiling, and physically happier… that’s self-love.??Being healthy is the epicenter of self-love and exercise is one of my favorite ways to do that.
Join The Self-Love Movement™! Take the 31 Days of Self-Love Commitment and get my book, How Do I Love Me? Let Me Count the Ways for free at http://howdoiloveme.com. Read my 2012 31 Days of Self-Love Posts HERE.
Please leave comments under my posts so we can stay connected.