Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!
This just in from a press release:
Rock band Stryper announced today that they will be hosting a 10-day tour of the Holy Land, February 12-21, 2011.
The once-in-a-lifetime VIP tour will be limited to 150 people. Stryper fans will be able to spend time with the band during this unique travel opportunity, with portions of the trip being filmed for an upcoming DVD.
“Oz, Robert, Tim and I are excited to go to Israel and see first-hand the birthplace of Christianity,” says lead vocalist/guitarist Michael Sweet. “And to be able to share this experience with some of our fans makes this even more incredible.”
The tour will visit the following locations in Israel:
- Caesarea: A city built by King Herod the Great
- Mount Carmel: Where the prophet Elijah defeated the false prophets of Baal
- Galilee Boat Ride: Where Jesus walked on the water
- Caesarea Philippi: Where the disciple Peter first confessed Jesus as the Messiah
- Nazareth Village: A recreation of a village at the time of Jesus
- Jordan River Baptism: An opportunity for those who wish to be baptized in the Jordan River
- Masada: Where the final Jewish revolt against the Romans took place
- The Dead Sea: A chance to float in the most therapeutic waters in the world
- Pools of Bethesda: Where Jesus healed the man who was lame for 37 years
- Garden Tomb: The place of Jesus’ crucifixion and Resurrection
- Yad Vashem: Memorial to the Holocaust
- Western Wall Tunnels: 60 feet below the modern city of Jerusalem
- Jerusalem: The City of God
- Mount of Olives: Where Jesus rode the donkey through the Eastern Gate
- Garden of Gethsemane: Where Jesus prayed before He was betrayed by Judas
- Western Wall: Holiest site in Judaism
The cost for this unique travel opportunity is $3,299.00 per person, which includes airfare out of Los Angeles, New York or Toronto; hotel accomodations; all buffet breakfasts and dinners; air-conditioned transportation; an English-speaking tour guide and entrance fees to all of the sites. Price is based on double-occupancy and does not include airport tax, tip fee or lunch meals.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-628-2800.
* * * * *
I had a chance to go to Israel – two times, actually – and both times my husband strongly encouraged me not to go, for safety reasons. I was on the fence about it. But to be honest, thousands and thousands of people safely visit Israel every year. So if you’ve ever considered visiting the Holy Land, pray about whether or not this might be the time.