Here’s the latest from the crossroads of faith and media: Last Sunday Ben Affleck attended the non-denominational Mosaic church in Hollywood. Afterward he sat down for an absolutely excellent interview with nationally renowned and well-respected Senior Pastor Erwin McManus. In the far-reaching conversation, they touch on matters of faith, doubt, failure, forgiveness, relationships, sobriety and […]
Here’s the latest from the crossroads of faith and media:
I believe in music. It’s one of God’s greatest gifts for lifting the spirit and expressing positive ideas. Here are five expressions of musical wisdom that I think are apt during this weird period of social distancing. If there’s a silver lining here, it’s in the opportunity to take a break from the rush of the world and to reflect on and, yes, enjoy all that is good and truly important.
1. Settle down, it’ll all be clear. Pay no mind to the demons they fill you with fear.
2. Let me be a little kinder. Let me be a little blinder to the faults of those about me. Let me praise a little more. May I be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery – think a little more of others and a little less of me.
3. When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom – Let it be.
4. Sing a song…Sing of good things not bad. Sing of happy not sad.
5. And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. – Philippians 4:8