“It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop” – Confucius The enemy waits and listens for your desperation. When you are at the end of your rope and can no longer see or feel what hope looks like, the enemy of your soul pounces on your confidence, shreds […]
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
Every morning when you wake up, you have a question to ask: What kind of mood are you going to start your day with?
You have the choice. It isn’t outside factors that get to decide if your day is going to be boring, frustrating or lacking inspiration. It’s you!
Once you roll out of bed, you probably have a ritual. The ritual may involve showering, drinking coffee, checking email and so on. What if you could do something just a little different that would help start your day off right and leave you feeling inspired?
Would you do it? Would beginning a busy day feeling as if you can handle anything inspire you? If so, here are 10 morning rituals that will help bring more inspiration to your day.
1. Leave the television and radio off and enjoy the silence. Silence truly is golden and we really don’t get enough of it.
2. Spend a few minutes praying. You can do this before you get in the shower or before you head out the door.
3. Take 5 minutes in your room, with the door closed and meditate. Give yourself those few precious moments every day to connect with your inner self.
4. Get up 15 minutes earlier to workout. Doing yoga or taking a walk on the treadmill will invigorate you and start you off on an energetic step.
5. Grab a piece of paper and write down 5 things you are thankful for that day. Whether it is because you had fresh coffee waiting for you or simply the fact that the sun is up and you are there to see it.
6. When you are getting ready in front of the bathroom mirror, stop and smile. When you see a smile, you can’t help but feel a little better, even if it is just your reflection.
7. Go for a quick walk around the block before you head off to work. If you have a dog, a walk through the dog park is an excellent way to start your day.
8. Look into the mirror and repeat at least 3 positive affirmations. Things like, “I will be successful, I am strong enough to do this,” and so on will inspire you.
9. Make a list of things you want to get done that day. Keep it with you and check off each task as you complete it.
10. Write in a journal for a few minutes each morning. This gives you the chance to put your ideas, thoughts and goals on paper. Once you see it you goals on paper, you’re more likely to achieve them.
Image Source: Goggle Images