“It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop” – Confucius The enemy waits and listens for your desperation. When you are at the end of your rope and can no longer see or feel what hope looks like, the enemy of your soul pounces on your confidence, shreds […]
“The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” – Ashley Montagu
You see them at the workplace, your community, at a subway — they all have that upbeat, eager faces. And it feels like they are genuinely excited over the smallest opportunities and sometimes even when unexpected challenges come their way.
“They” are the happy people.
And most of the time, happy people are the ones who can endure the tough times still with a smile on their faces. They are more resilient and perhaps hard-wired to look on the positive side of things.
It simply says happiness IS a choice.
And you can uplift and multiply your happiness by what you decide to choose to do every day.
1. Gratitude. Focus on what you have rather than constantly checking what’s missing on your plate. Like they say, the grass is greener where you water it.
2. Optimism. Celebrate the good news, not just yours but that of others too. Being optimistic lowers your chances of depression and other heart diseases.
3. Devoting time for relationships. Focus on your family, spend quality time with them. Improve the quality of relationship you have with your loved ones. If there had been misgivings in the past, make the move to bury the hatchet.
4. Making things happen. Take control instead of waiting for random events to happen. Be proactive with your life.
5. Anticipation. Start looking forward to something. If you don’t have anything at the moment, make one! You can go on a fishing trip or visiting a nearby museum or a newly opened bakery.
6. Savor everything… whether it’s freshly made coffee, tea, the air that you breathe, sound of the rain falling on your roof…
7. Sweating your way to joyfulness. Studies have shown that exercise increases the production of your happy hormones. Go for that walk around the block.
8. Do something selfless. Do unto others. It’s good karma.
9. Learn from adversity. Nietzsche said it best – ‘what does not kill us can make us stronger.’
10. Get enough rest. Lack of sleep can make you prone to irritability. It can also make you sluggish both physically and mentally.
So is happiness on your calendar today? Go ahead, subscribe to a happiness regimen every day!
Image Source: Google Images