A friend of mine once remarked, “You are so outgoing. I wish I was more like that.” She considers herself an introvert and wanted to push herself to be more social. She insists I have the advantage in life because of how easily I make friends and talk to people. But I reminded her, there […]
On this Thanksgiving day, we pay special attention to giving thanks. So as you take a moment and talk about the things for which you are grateful, keep in mind the benefits that come with a thankful heart.
- have more energy and optimism
- are less bothered by life’s hassles
- are more resilient in the face of stress
- are healthier
- suffer less depression than the rest of us
- are more compassionate
- are more likely to help others
- are less materialistic
- are more satisfied with life.