Thank you for visiting Belief Beat. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Beliefnet News Good News Happy Reading!
Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs. From playing Number Munchers on my third grade classroom’s Apple computer, to filing stories and photographs from my iPhone yesterday, your products changed my life — and the world.
Jobs, 56, wasn’t much associated with faith – unless you count coverage of his company’s latest “Jesus Phone” – but obituaries are noting that he was a Buddhist convert, with roots in the Lutheran church. Incidentally, his biological father was Muslim, but they were estranged.)
Here are some faith-related links:
- –The Zen of Steve Jobs (CNN Belief Blog)
- –Steve Jobs, Apple founder, dies (GetReligion)
- –The Spiritual Side of Steve Jobs (CNN Belief Blog)
- –Steve Jobs, RIP (Patheos)
- –Mideast Tweets Gratitude for Steve Jobs, Credits Him for Arab Spring (Toronto Star)
- –Steve Jobs: Change We Learned to Believe In (Chabad.org)
And, of course the Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest at the funeral. Yawn. Then again, maybe that’s their interpretation of Jobs’ mantra: “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the Comments section.