Thank you for visiting Belief Beat. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Beliefnet News Good News Happy Reading!
Six weeks into the devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and BP’s failed efforts to plug its gushing well, many Louisiana residents are searching for comfort through faith.
They and others should check out Beliefnet’s suggested prayer, appropriately titled “God, Stop the Damn Oil Leak… We Obviously Can’t!”
Here’s a sample of other recent faith-related coverage of the Gulf Coast oil spill:
- Gulf oil spill: Grand Isle residents turn to church for solace (L.A. Times)
- Faith group defeats oil companies’ effort to dodge accountability (Faith in Public Life)
- The oil spill and God’s finger (Christian Science Monitor)
- A Lesson from the Gulf Oil Spill: We Are All Connected (Episcopal Church Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, for The Huffington Post)
- TEXAS FAITH: What should Washington do about offshore drilling? (Dallas Morning News)
- In New Orleans, expectations low, frustrations high (National Catholic Reporter)
- Praying to plug the oil spill (GetReligion)
Check back for updates — I’ll add more posts today and tomorrow, as they pop up — and share your thoughts in the Comments section below.