From, "To Market, To Market...A Collection of Kentucky Recipes," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
1. Cook lima beans in small amount of boiling salted water until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
3. Add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Add cream cheese and reserved bean liquid, stirring until smooth.
5. Stir in limas and heat thoroughly.