How Many Times Did Angels Appear?
Angels appeared five times:
- The angel Gabriel revealed to Mary she was giving birth to Jesus (Luke 1:26-38).
- The angel Gabriel told the shepherds that Jesus had been born. A multitude of angels then appeared (Luke 2:8-20).
- Zechariah received news of his wife's pregnancy from the angel Gabriel. The child would be named John (Luke 1:11-25).
- After the Magi's visit, an angel instructed Joseph to flee to Egypt with Mary and Jesus (Matthew 2: 13).
- After the death of Herod an angel told Joseph to return to Israel with Mary and Jesus (Matthew 2:19).
Painting: "The Annunciation" by Fra Angelico