The New Christians

The New Christians

Successful Surgery

posted by Tony Jones

scalpel_in_hand.jpgMany thanks to all of my well-wishers.  My semi-laminectomy/microdiscectomy was a success.  The surgeon said that he removed 3 cm of herniated disc, one of the largest discectomies that he’s ever performed.  I am narced up, but I can tell that the back pain, per se, is gone.  I have soreness, to be sure, but it is from the surgery.  And I still have foot drop in my left foot, but that should dissipate as the nerve recovers.

cas

posted February 12, 2009 at 9:52 am

Glad to hear it, Tony. When my husband’s first surgeon got in there for his microdiscectomy, he found that the disc had calcified. It’s been all down hill from there. Blessings~

Steve K.

posted February 12, 2009 at 10:30 am

Glad to hear it went well, and you’re recovering well (albeit “narced up”).
In case you missed this earlier, here’s the video I tweeted (@emergentvillage) of you taken AFTER the surgery:
Laughter, after all, is the best medicine ;-)

Petey

posted February 12, 2009 at 11:44 am

Dude,
My son had a tumor in in his left leg. After surgery he had drop foot for about 8 months. It comes back slowly. So we will call you Irene

Colin

posted February 12, 2009 at 11:59 am

Good for you, and a quick and full recovery as well. I hope you don’t have any trouble getting with the meds – my mom had a similar procedure and has been taking morphine since June, unfortunately.
All the best!

Tara Eastman

posted February 12, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Tony,
Thanks for letting us know all went well. Praying for a quick recovery.
T

Your Name

posted February 12, 2009 at 11:29 pm

has animations and printouts of various lumbar spine surgical procedures. “lumber disc microsurgery,” “micro endoscopic discectomy,” and “lumbar discoscopic discectomy” are what I am likely looking at having done my my L4/L5. Which is closest to what you had?
I am glad to hear that, so far at least, the surgery seems successful.
Joe

Cameron Godley

posted June 4, 2014 at 3:04 am

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

ScHlAtTeR GöTeBoRg

posted June 18, 2014 at 8:40 am

Benhinneinflammation i t.ex. underbenet är en överbelastning av skenbenet. Överbelastningen orsakar spänning och sammandragningar i benhinnan. Detta kan ge smärtor vid ansträngning både på in-, och utsidan av skenbenet. Vid ökad belastning blir smärtan intensivare.