- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
In honor of the Verna; Equinox, I would .like to offer this beautiful poem:
Her Green Pulse
by Jo Carson
The opening poem from “Dancing With Gaia”
Blood of Her veins, the rivers
Voice of Her breath, the wind
Fire of Her will, erupting volcanoes
Green of Her hair, the rolling grass hills
Strength of Her spine, mountains’ tall backs.
Persephone, Moon Maiden, whose returning steps
Grant springtime once more
Old Spider Grandmother
Weaving worlds from Her womb.
Shedding and renewing Her skin
In wrinkled and wriggling forms
Earth Mother who birthed us
Her furry babes, Her leafy litter.
You listen to Her rhythms
Her passionate drumbeat
In the undulating hills
As She dances, turning and trembling
In circles of chants.
The dance of Her green pulse unfolds all bodies
And all blessings from earth’s fragrant form.
You sense Her energy bubbling upward
Past spine and skull, chakras glowing gold
A geyser bridge to star and sky.
xxQueen Mama Donna
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She offers counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity. Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to email@example.com.