- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
Here are two poems in honor of the Summer Solstice by our lovely readers.
The Longest Day
Earth of sea and land and air
Lit into opportunistic life
by her mother star
Energy for you and me to
burst into bloom
flit fly in
busy devious thievery
Surging through veils,
storms breathing ice, sand,
the fire of prophecy
the flood of melting,
bequeaths rage, rampage,
It’s not winter here, nuclear quiet,
all’s right for the longest of nights.
The eternal balance
rocks, stars, dark
metaphors of the righteous
long ceased bowing to scriptures.
Tomorrow, the Sun will rise.
The Earth will revolve.
Life will adjust, compromise.
After the workday, we celebrate
potent evening light.
In observation of Summer Solstice
In recognition of the blessing of being alive on this beautiful planet
With great gratitude I honor the four directions
To the east and all that lay in that direction…
May the air and oceans enfold you in glorious beauty
And all creatures thrive upon your shores in health and harmony
To the south and all that lay in that direction…
May your mountains and rivers wash clean water to the sea
And your lakes and forests shelter all who dwell there
To the west and all that lay in that direction…
May the big sky of your plains sparkle with crystal clarity
And gift all life with healing rains and glorious sunshine
To the north and all that lay in that direction…
May your midnight sun shine upon a planet filled with hope
And the possibility of a peaceful world be made real
Donna Henes is the author of The Queen of My Self: Stepping into Sovereignty in Midlife. She is the Midlife Midwife™ offering counseling and upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity.
Consult the MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™: http://www.donnahenes.net/queen/consult.shtml
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to email@example.com.