- Art and Words by Kris Waldherr
- Be in Love Again by Judith Geiger
- Goddess in a Tea Pot by Carolyn Boyd
- The Healing Power of Ritual by Nan Hall Linke
- Memory & Movement by Wickham Boyle
- Midlife Monkey Girls by Caren Monkey
- Midlife Road Trip by Sandi McKenna, Sher Bailey & Rick Griffin
- Motheroot Musings by Mary Saracino
- Oh My Goddess Bloggess by Wendi Knox
- Ruin and Beauty by Deena Metzger, CA
- Seeds for Sanctuary by Dr. Susan Corso
- Spreading the Gaia Word by Phoenix Wolf-Ray
- Starhawk’s Personal Blog
- Tales From the Velvet Chamber by Lillian Slugocki
- The Sustainable Soul: Natural Spirituality by Rebecca Hecking
- Writing for Life by Sandra Lee Schubert
I am woman, a seeker after truth, knowledge and Wisdom
One who travels secretly, inwardly, on this journey of life,
One who seeks to know the Feminine,
Who seeks to know the Divine.
I hunger and thirst for inner truth
As I read voraciously,
As I feed upon the wisdom and knowledge of others
Always seeking nourishment for guidance along my own
path of discovery.
When I find such words,
I feast hungrily upon them
Until I find another who adds to the feast
And yet another …
I am refreshed by the sweet nectar
As similar thoughts flow together
To resonate with my soul.
As years flow seamlessly into years,
The urgency of living lessens.
It is my time to grow ever more deeply and
Meditate upon the feast spread before me.
I choose the choice bits
And make them my own
No longer “out there” – someone else’s thoughts
They are my soul food.
They belong to me.
Rarely do I find the words to share them,
Rarely do I find an Anam Cara to hear them.
My soul yearns and pines
For the courts of the Divine.
Only then will the feast be complete,
Only then will my soul be satiated.
Meanwhile, I journey upon Mother Earth
Seeking to nourish her and preserve her
For future generations.
I trod gently, very gently
As I enjoy glimpses of the Divine presence
In her sunsets, her gentle rains,
Her green blades of spring,
Her richness of harvest.
When I see brilliant vermilion and orange
Spread across the evening horizon,
I know they are for someone special
Who has just passed from this temporary dwelling
Into the next
And I am again enriched
By the abundance of such Divine Beauty.
- Diane Bader
The Queen welcomes questions concerning all issues of interest to women in their mature years. Send your inquiries to email@example.com.
CONSULT THE MIDLIFE MIDWIFE™
Queen Mama Donna offers upbeat, practical and ceremonial guidance for individual women and groups who want to enjoy the fruits of an enriching, influential, purposeful, passionate, and powerful maturity.