Stuff Christian Culture Likes

Stuff Christian Culture Likes

Feedback on Beliefnet’s blog format

posted by Stephanie Drury

Now you can air any grievances about the blog layout and stuff, click here to tell Beliefnet what you think.

Travis Mamone

posted February 23, 2010 at 1:27 pm

As I clicked on this website an advertisement popped up saying “Stop Poverty.” I got a better idea–“STOP POP-UP ADS ON BELIEFNET!”

ed

posted February 23, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Better, lately. Haven’t had a pop up ad in a while.

Chrissy

posted February 23, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Is there a way to subscribe to the comments? On the old blog I could choose to receive email notifications if someone commented after me on a post. Now I just check back regularly to see if anyone has commented, but I usually just check the more current ones so I could be missing the input of other posters who are new or are catching up. I liked getting the notifications because I could still read and engage in continued conversation on older posts. Did I just skip a step in signing up to receive comment notifications? Does beliefnet do this? If not, it would be beneficial for beliefnet to send them because it would encourage readers to keep checking back on the archives. It would also help our little community to finish and/or continue conversations we started without having to guess where we left off.

J. R. Daniel Kirk

posted February 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I am a huge hater of B-nets aesthetics. The pop-ups are annoying. The Google AdSense is distracting. The comments are hard to get up, read, and follow.
I usually try not to read Beliefnet blogs because they are not pleasing to the eye (even if good for food and desirable to make one wise).

stephanie drury

posted February 23, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Make sure you’re putting all this in the survey. It’s where the link is in the word ‘here’ up there. heh

Rocky Presley

posted February 23, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I just love the little ads of girls in their unmentionable showing how you too can loose 6 lbs of belly fat. That’s hawt!

Sarah

posted February 23, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I love the pop-up of John Ortberg telling me I’m God’s project. Like God has a contract, a budget and a deadline to get me all fixed up and ready to market.
(Sorry, Stephy, I’ll be sure to take the survey too. :)

pagansister

posted February 23, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I took the survey and then thought of other stuff I’d like to add…so did it on another site…before I came here! The site I did add my comments on was one I rarely visit. Oh well. I tried to go back to the survey, but it just Thanked me yet again…so it knows I have filled it out, and won’t let me repeat the questions or comment in the box at the bottom. Was going to add about the background on the captcha sometimes being so dark the numbers and letters are hard to read. If you mess up the numbers/letters it sends you to the place which incorrectly tells you you can return to the post, because your post “is not lost”. It is lost. Clicking on the blue letters saying “click here to return to the post” doesn’t work. Anyone else have that problem?

Spinning

posted February 24, 2010 at 2:47 am

it would help tremendously if we could see the entire post + comments, rather than the 1st two sentences of the post + comments.
In other words, make it like either the WordPress or Blogger standard.
And please, please, take those java applet ads about flat stomachs AWAY. far, far away!!!

Spinning

posted February 24, 2010 at 2:51 am

bad survey, really… it doesn’t address much of anything in terms of practical issues, like the template and layout, RSS feeds or…

Jim

posted February 24, 2010 at 9:45 am

Just keep doing what you are doing.

J. R. Daniel Kirk

posted February 24, 2010 at 11:03 am

Funny, Stephanie, since B-net truncates the post, I didn’t ever see a “here” when I read this! Another strike…

T

posted May 4, 2010 at 2:45 am

When I want to view more of the blog entries lower on the page, i don’t want a new tab or page, I want it to open down (much like Facebook), or, better yet, don’t abbreviate the page. Going into individual blogs is frustrating when you’re catching up.