For several elections, Republicans have dominated among the most religious and Democrats among the secular.
Based on the first wave of exit polls, Obama has narrowed the God Gap considerably, dramatically improving on John Kerry’s 2004 performance among those who attend church frequently.
Bush beat Kerry among weekly church-goers by 61%-39%. McCain is beating Obama 54%-44%
Another key group is the Sorta Religious. Those who attend a few times a month or a few times a year. Among those who attend a few times a month, went for Bush 50%-49%. Obama is winning this group, 52%-47%, according to the first wave of exit polls.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Steve Waldman
- Safe, Legal & Early: A New Way of Thinking About abortion
- A Modest Proposal: Conservatives Back Gay Marriage; Gays Back Covenant Marriage
- The Rick Warren Interview
- Inaugural Prayer Archive
- 2008 v. 2004 Results by Faith
- The Obama-Falsani Interview
- The Gene Robinson Interview
Best Posts That No One Read:
- Our Patriotic Holy War
- Obama's White Family and Black Church
- Science & Religion Dispatched from Cambridge
Little Known Facts:
- The Rise of Prayerism
- Deism--It's Back!
- Abortion vs. Gays: The Evangelical Age Gap
- The Spiritual Atheists
Still Cracks Me Up:
Posts That Annoy Conservatives:
Posts That Annoy Liberals:
- Thomas Jefferson: Believer in Intelligent Design?
- Obama's White House Shouldn't Vet Prayers
- Agreeing with Values Voters
- Why the Catholic Bishops Matter on Health Care
- How to Defuse the Health Care Abortion Issue
- In Defense of Bloody Aborted Fetus Photos
Posts That Annoy Everyone: