- Turnout was up more among Born Again Christians than among youths….
- In Colorado, the base of James Dobson’s Focus on the Family, the percentage of evangelicals supporting the Democrat doubled since 2004.
- New voters as a percentage of the electorate in 2004: 11% New voters in 2008: 11%…
- Obama won Michigan (once a battleground) by a greater margin than McCain won Texas…
- Hillary supporters who voted for McCain: 17%. People who strongly disapprove of Bush who nonetheless voted for McCain: 17%…
- Obama won the white vote in Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, California etc. I wonder if he won a plurality of whites outside the south….
- Obama is the first non-Southern Democrat to win the White House in 48 years….
- The first non-Southern Democrat to win more than 50% of the vote in 60 years….
- 20% of “conservatives” voted for Obama. That means there’s about 9 million Obamacons….
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Steve Waldman
- Safe, Legal & Early: A New Way of Thinking About abortion
- A Modest Proposal: Conservatives Back Gay Marriage; Gays Back Covenant Marriage
- The Rick Warren Interview
- Inaugural Prayer Archive
- 2008 v. 2004 Results by Faith
- The Obama-Falsani Interview
- The Gene Robinson Interview
Best Posts That No One Read:
- Our Patriotic Holy War
- Obama's White Family and Black Church
- Science & Religion Dispatched from Cambridge
Little Known Facts:
- The Rise of Prayerism
- Deism--It's Back!
- Abortion vs. Gays: The Evangelical Age Gap
- The Spiritual Atheists
Still Cracks Me Up:
Posts That Annoy Conservatives:
Posts That Annoy Liberals:
- Thomas Jefferson: Believer in Intelligent Design?
- Obama's White House Shouldn't Vet Prayers
- Agreeing with Values Voters
- Why the Catholic Bishops Matter on Health Care
- How to Defuse the Health Care Abortion Issue
- In Defense of Bloody Aborted Fetus Photos
Posts That Annoy Everyone: