Steven Waldman

Steven Waldman

Obama’s “Muslim Faith”

posted by swaldman

WND.com, the popular conservative website asks, whether Obama’s statement on This Week with George Stephanopolous was a “Slip of the tongue or momentary confusion?”Obama said John McCain had not spread rumors that Obama was Muslim:”You’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you’re absolutely right that that has not come.” Stephanopoulos immediately interrupted Obama, stating, “Christian faith.” “My Christian faith,” Obama quickly said. “Well, what I’m saying is that he (McCain) hasn’t suggested that I’m a Muslim.”Despite Obama’s clear meaning, it’s easy to see how it coud be taken out of context and within hours, it sure was.UPDATE: I’vey posted seven different videos, but YouTube has taken them all down, presumably for copyright violations. Each one cut the clip at the phrase “my muslim faith,” and several repeating it the phrase over and over. Each clip used the interview to prove that Obama IS a Muslim, that the interview was a Freudian slip which revealed the truth.None of them work but you can see from the title slide of these remaining ones what direction they’re heading.And another:

somnambulist

posted September 8, 2008 at 11:10 pm

It seems that every one of those videos were pretty quickly taken down. Too bad, I would have liked to have watched at least one of them.

Paul

posted September 9, 2008 at 1:40 am

No, it is not easy to see how it could be taken out of context.
Those looking for any excuse to take things out of context to create their own lies, they can and will lie continually with no moral consideration. Integrity was once a Christian virtue but now it seems that some consider it a badge of honor to lie, to perpetrate falsehoods in the name of partisan squabbling.

kelly

posted September 9, 2008 at 6:00 am

So Steve…why would you perpetuate the lie by posting all these videos?
Ask yourself…what would Jesus do?

jestrfyl

posted September 9, 2008 at 10:57 am

Anyone who walks into a cow pasture looking for “pattys” is sure to find them. The folks who want to completely ignore the larger reality of the candidate and focus only on the mis-information (OK, I am being to kind and generous here – the LIES and DISTORTIONS) is going to be elbow deep in – well, “cow pattys” – and trying metaphorically to wipe their hands on anyone who wanders by.

maggie

posted September 9, 2008 at 9:45 pm

He is *not* a Muslim. Why do you keep repeating rumours?
The man was born to a Christian family, attended both Catholic school and public school in Indonesia, married in Christian church, baptised his daughters in a Christian church, and remains Christian.
Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to slander him.
This reminds me of all the questions about whether Sarah Palin actually gave birth to the little boy Trig. Stop already — you have to admit that your opponent just might be telling the truth occasionally.
Fact check their speeches, follow up on facts, but don’t spread rumours.

santoro

posted September 9, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Indonesia is a muslim country…Spain is a Catholic country.Israel is a jewish country,etc.App,90% of population belongs to 1 religion.He was never born to a Christian family.HIS MOTHER WAS ATHEIST,his father was a muslim,his step father was a muslim.HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY be CHRISTIAN AT BIRTH ?public school in a foreign country-teaches religion from first grade and up. mandatory.What ever is the religion of that country.He was born a muslim having a muslim parent.It is a fact he should admit.YOU are what ever your parent’s or parents’religion at birth.

Andrew Kincaid

posted September 10, 2008 at 11:38 am

BOTH his parents were atheists. The grandparents who raised him are Christians. He was born in America. He never attended a Muslim school. He attended a public school in a Muslim country for a few years. He spent every other year of his educational life in a predominantly Christian country. Get over it, Santoro. Unless you are one of those “Lying Liars.”

Susan

posted September 10, 2008 at 11:23 pm

Here’s the video on Israel Insider:
There’s also a good article on the validity of Obama’s birth certificate.
Shalom.

rod

posted September 11, 2008 at 9:12 am

You are wrong -ANDREW. He was born in a muslim country. READ the book OBAMA NATION by jerome corsi and get the facts.SANTORO is right on the mark.

Dov

posted September 12, 2008 at 12:38 am

Steven Waldman, the inanity or if you wish insanity of this article has brought me to the conclusion that you are indeed part and parcel of the endless Smear campaign by bigoted jerks such as Sean Hannity, Karl Rove, Dick Morris, Mary Matalan, and, could you resurrect them, I’d expect Westbrook Pegler, Joe McCarthy, and Roy Coen (despite the stench) I believe you’d do so immendiately.
Kudos for creating a title that entices readers into scams such as a 1.2 Million gift if only I’d e-mail my bank account number; repeated e-mails from another friend who introduces each morning with “YOADY” . Is he really intending today?
With the closure of this e-mail–given you have the courage to print same. I’m closing my account. Intellectual discussion is to be encouraged, blatant bias, bigotry, and scamdulous (yes my neologism)behavior is not!
?? ???????? dov

dovidle

posted September 12, 2008 at 1:08 am

The inanity of this series is only surpassed by the insanity of the author,Steven Waldman.
To date I’ve received one scam letter offering me $1.2M in return for my Bank Account info. Repeated letters from a dear soul who introduces each day with TOADY (is that a permutation of today or a new language?)
Then there’s the extended sophistries re Barack Obama’s faith. Have you considered a debate on glossolalia and how it will prepare Dive-Bomb-Bomb-Bomb McCain’s launch accuracy in Iran or Ossetia (given that his Captain Midnight Decoder Ring will distinguish the Christians from the Muslims? and the Russians from the Georgians?)
Gertrude Stein is quoted as stating “A Rose is a Rose, is a Rose”
It was Clarabelle the Clown who squawked Inanity’ is Inanity, is Inanity. Pleas do not confuse Clarabelle’s insights with those of Sean Inanity whose logorrhea is only exceeded by Pat Buchanan’s.
Much as I’ve loved the week of entertainment, I can do without the company of Dick Morris, Sean Hannity, Mary Matalan, Karl Rove, and (soon to appear? Howdy Doody)
If you have the fortitude to publish this adventure in Whimsy I’ll bid your scamdulous site a quiet good bye. Otherwise……

steve hemmel

posted September 4, 2012 at 5:06 pm

“A false balance is an abomination to the Lord.” Prov. 11.1

You are using an edited YouTube video to portray Pres. Obama as a Muslim. The reason a false balance (scale) is an abomination to the Lord is because it is designed to deceive and hide the truth, and it implicates those who use it with evil. You need to publicaly renounce the means you have used, the false balance, this intentionally-edited video, or you are consenting to the deceit yourself, and defiling the holy name of Christ, a serious matter.