Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Video: The Jack Murtha and Joe Biden SNL Skit

posted by Susan Johnson

Pretty shocking that SNL would hit the Democrats this hard. Jack Murtha blathers on about how ignorant Western PA is and Biden is turned into a prophet who gives shout outs to local politicians in the crowd and predicts that the Obama will do some wacky things after he is tested like destroy Hawaii so that the North Koreans don’t get it. Only mildly funny, it ran too long and ran out of steam.

Robert Morwell

posted October 26, 2008 at 1:52 pm

I also thought the sketch was funny, and I say that as what Mihele terms an “Obamanite.” I also agree it went overly long and ran out of steam, but that’s been true of a lot of SNL sketches.
Didn’t think Hammond (who is the greatest SNL castmember of all time) quite nailed Murtha, but he’s kinda hard to imitate.
Satire is the art of taking what is goofy and making it look silly on a cosmic level. They did a pretty good job by that standard, they fif pretty well.

Robert

posted October 26, 2008 at 1:59 pm

‘Can’t say SNL is biased, can you, Michelle?
I’ve already voted for His Obamatude myself, and I found the sketch funny, too. It would have been funnier if they’d moved on after about two minutes, but it must be hard to find Demcoratic gaffes to mock this year.

MzEllen

posted October 26, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Robert, are you saying that there is no mocking those gaffes that are humorous to start with?
It would sort of trying to spoof “Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam…”

Gillian

posted October 26, 2008 at 10:56 pm

“Pretty shocking that SNL would hit the Democrats this hard.”
This your first time watching the show? I guess you were a MadTV gal when Phil Hartman and Darrel Hammond endlessly mocked Clinton for 8 years, huh? (Not to mention Letterman.) God, you people are ridiculous.
I know it must be unimaginably difficult to grasp, but yes, intelligent minds (including SNL and the “MSM”) go after hypocrisy and stupidity in the world. You just can’t accept the fact that you’ve had an utter clown in the White House for the last 8 years, so instead of blaming the disease, you attack the symptom. Your party has had the lion’s share of disaster and cant recently, so naturally it gets attacked.
Your idea of fairness is infantile. Biden screws up every now and then, but Palin is a walking farce. Thus the respective mocking. Not everything deserves to be a wash.

MzEllen

posted October 27, 2008 at 12:28 am

Thank you Gillian – you are again the first person on the thread to make a personal attack. Congratuations.

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 27, 2008 at 1:10 am

thanks gillian, you beat me to it. republicans are such victims. they know how to play that card all too well. whiners.

Yobachi

posted October 27, 2008 at 10:10 am

Why is it so shocking? Despite the right wing’s media lies, SNL and others have been hitting the dems and especially Obama hard from day one.
SNL’s first political skit of the season was ridiculing Obama. Not drooning on forever and ever about Rev. Wright like Fox does, doesn’t equate to “giving a pass” as Sean Hannity ridiculously said last night. I think three weeks of playing it all day every day and constantly mentioning it for 8 months is overtop enough.
Oh yeah, and what Gillian said. Instead of accepting Palin gets mocked because she’s an idiot who provides so much material; folks like you have to pretend it’s because of biased. News flash, the people at SNL want to get paid; they do that by getting people to laugh at whatever they can.

Your Name

posted October 27, 2008 at 10:12 am

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 27, 2008 at 2:41 pm

what’s funnier still, is the real clip of mccain agreeing with murtha’s remarks about pennsylvania!
mcsame: “i couldn’t agree with them more! [bush-like look of 'duh' on his face] i couldn’t agree with you less.”

Yobachi

posted October 27, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Here’s a prime example of why Palin get’s so mercilessly mocked. The woman is absolutely and utterly clueless: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/todd-palmer-and-rob-pringle/in-case-you-werent-scared_b_138089.html

Pingback: On Humor. Online. | Catholic Life

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »