Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Biden: “Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy”

posted by Susan Johnson

The day after Obama’s foreign policy and commander in chief creeds are supposedly (at least the MSM think so) strengthened by the Powell endorsement, here comes Biden stomping all over it with this warning. Why elect a guy knowing we’ll be attacked? If we want to avoid an attack, why not just elect McCain? Everyone knows exactly what he’ll do so no need to test him :-)

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”
“I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate,” Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. “And he’s gonna need help. And the kind of help he’s gonna need is, he’s gonna need you – not financially to help him – we’re gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it’s not gonna be apparent initially, it’s not gonna be apparent that we’re right.”
[...]
“I’ve forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I’m not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it,” the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. “This guy has it. But he’s gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, ‘Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?’ We’re gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I’m asking you now, I’m asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you’re going to have to reinforce us.”
“There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don’t know about that decision’,” Biden continued. “Because if you think the decision is sound when they’re made, which I believe you will when they’re made, they’re not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they’re popular, they’re probably not sound.”

I wonder if any of this brilliance is based on the Intel the campaigns received from the White House. Seems to me you can look pretty prescient if you already know of the threats.
And notice, they are either going to mess up the crisis or start a war, depending on how you interpret what he means by the drop in the polls. Why would we want to elect someone who is promising to make unpopular decisions?
BTW, this is particularly funny:

No, he’s certainly not being falsely humble at all, is he? I see absolutely no humility in that statement :-) But shouldn’t we be looking for someone who remembers foreign policy?
Another btw, for all the Palin-haters out there, who say she’s inexperienced, doesn’t have what takes to be president, is an idiot, uncoth, redneck, blah, blah, blah, at least she isn’t Joe Biden :-)

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 20, 2008 at 5:49 pm

“If we want to avoid an attack, why not just elect McCain? Everyone knows exactly what he’ll do so no need to test him”
and that’s what scares me the most. can anyone imagine mcdaffy running around in a frantic panic like we saw him demonstrate in the middle of a global financial crisis (one that he continued to deny was ever coming while everyone else could see it approaching from the horizon)? OMG – “thinks but no thinks!” the guy would be changing his mind on how to deal with the crisis every morning. not to mention that he’s the guy who will shoot his foot before ever getting the gun out of the holster.
“Another btw, for all the Palin-haters out there, who say she’s inexperienced, doesn’t have what takes to be president, is an idiot, uncoth, redneck, blah, blah, blah, at least she isn’t Joe Biden”
thanks for making out point for us. thank god that biden is nothing like palin!
52% say mccain’s pick of palin makes them “less confident” in mccain’s judgment. 38% say the choice makes them “more confident”.
56% say obama’s pick of biden makes them “more confident” in obama’s judgment, 31% say it makes them less confident.

Lowell Browning

posted October 20, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Biden knows that he will be tested.
He knows that McCain would have been,too.
Anyone who does not understand that as long as we ‘infidels’ are on the middle east soil then we will be tested.
At least Biden does not stick his neck in the sand and hope everything works out for the best.
Biden has been in office so long that,sure,he has made afew mistakes.
However, along with Colin Powell, I feel more secure than I would with mr war and ms fake.
Biden was just telling it like it really is.
A McWaddle administration would mean a military draft half way thru his first term.

Guy Arthur Thomas

posted October 20, 2008 at 7:17 pm

The LEFTY LIBS are running scare already. Biden knows just how unqualified this pretense of a Savior is so he is covering all his bases…he hopes. It’s getting pathetic already and The Obamanation hasn’t even lost the election yet! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Next Please!

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 20, 2008 at 9:08 pm

yup, mccain has become so accustomed to being the underdog and likes it so much that he now has democrats right where he wants them… winning.
how do you spell desperate? M-C-C-A-I-N.

coiley

posted October 20, 2008 at 10:52 pm

McCain will not be elected because he has not been chosen by Rothschild, Rockefeller, & Morgan

Carrie

posted October 21, 2008 at 1:16 am

I thought this was a board about faith – but it seems that Michele’s posts are all about sneering down the Obama/Biden ticket, mocking any concerns that they may have, and jeering their supporters and anyone who dares to be liberal and therefore have different political beliefs than here.
So this is what it means to be Reformed? Sneering, mocking and jeering? I have not seen any spirituality in her posts.

RG

posted October 21, 2008 at 3:21 am

Sorry, Carrie, you won’t find anything like spirituality here. Just Democrat bashing.
Because the Republican right wing has nothing else.
We all knew they didn’t have a record to run on, and smear, fear, and hatred were all they have left.
Of course any president is going to get tested. Biden was just stating the obvious.
But the desperate, flailing right wing has to have something negative to say.
They ran out of positive things, like actual plans to solve real problems, years ago.
The public is about to give the crying children the time-out they need to sit in the corner. Maybe in time they can learn to play with others in a healthy way again. But until then, they need to sit in a corner until they can stop pouting.

Andrea

posted October 21, 2008 at 3:21 pm

try Rod’s Crunchy Con blog for some thoughtful conservatism. I come here occasionally and agree that there is far too much sniping for a spiritual blog.

charles

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Joe Biden says the election of Obama may lead to a new conflict, terrorist attack, or a third war. A careful analysis of history says he may be correct.

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 22, 2008 at 4:36 am

“a new conflict, terrorist attack, or a third war”
really? is that a direct quote of what biden said? references, please, chuck.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »