Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Obama’s Doyle pick seen as a slap in the face to Clinton

posted by Susan Johnson

Evidently, Obama’s pick of Doyle demonstrates that he isn’t into making nice with Clinton (warning: graphic language):

The donor, speaking on background, said that everyone in Clinton circles knows the two have hard feelings towards one another and haven’t spoken since Clinton removed Solis Doyle as campaign manager, and that Clinton loyalists view her with deep suspicion and believe that she is shopping around a book deal and acted as a background source for an extremely harsh Vanity Fair piece about Bill Clinton.

Not surprising, Obama strikes me as someone who would hold a grudge.

LJG

posted June 16, 2008 at 11:31 pm

So let me get this straight– this anonymous donor says that the Clinton people are upset at Solis and view her suspiciously, and that she and Hillary aren’t even on speaking terms anymore, and it’s Obama who strikes you as someone who would hold a grudge?
Wow. The sheer level of your cognitive dissonance is breathtaking.

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 17, 2008 at 12:24 am

Rob

posted June 17, 2008 at 4:11 am

Let’s be fair, folks. Just yesterday Michelle also shot down the top running Republican. She may not be an equal opportunity hater, but she does spread her venom around.

Michele McGinty

posted June 17, 2008 at 9:28 am

“Obama who strikes you as someone who would hold a grudge?”
Um…isn’t he the one who hired the person that Clinton fired for the VP staff? Doesn’t that strike you as suspicious?

Michele McGinty

posted June 17, 2008 at 9:32 am

Rob, here’s another verse for you to mediate on:
ESV 1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death.

Michele McGinty

posted June 17, 2008 at 9:34 am

“ain’t it? of course michele would see it the other way around had clinton won. you see, it’s not about obama, it’s about shooting down the top running democrat.”

LJG

posted June 17, 2008 at 9:52 am

No, not really. Patti Solis Doyle grew up in Chicago and has roots in Chicago politics. She’s also a longtime friend of David Axelrod. Hiring her now would make sense. She’s got connections both to Obama’s inner circle of advisors and to Clinton’s donor list.
If anything, hiring her is a smart move, not a sign of a grudge.

Alicia

posted June 17, 2008 at 9:54 am

As was posted above, Clinton loyalists (of which I am one) are watching.
I’m the first to say that the Clintons earned some of the hostility that has been directed against them by various constituencies, including the MSM, the Obama partisans, and “the vast Right Wing Conspiracy.” Unfortunately, I think much of the hostility is also unearned, and does have a lot to do with schadenfreude, and also with other things.
I took off my “Hillary for President” buttons when she suspended her campaign. But, at this point, though I may vote for Obama or McCain, I’m not excited about doing so, and I don’t think I’ll be wearing any buttons.

Michele McGinty

posted June 17, 2008 at 9:58 am

OK, LG, what about the fact that he hired her for the VP staff position?

LJG

posted June 17, 2008 at 10:18 am

OK, LG, what about the fact that he hired her for the VP staff position?
So what? It’s called building infrastructure, Michelle. That’s what campaigns do. They get people in place for a variety of positions that need to be filled, and the first ones hired are people that are already known, and are known quantities to the candidate and their closest advisors.
Obama’s campaign is headquartered in Chicago. He has also moved the DNC’s general election operations out of Washington D.C. and to Chicago to be with his team. Why on earth should he ignore someone like Patti Solis Doyle when she’s got roots in the area, her brother is a Chicago alderman, and she’s known to Clinton’s top donors, some of whom are presumably open to donating to Obama and doing fundraisers for him? From a practical standpoint, it would make no sense NOT to hire her.
Besides, if hiring Patti Solis Doyle means that Hillary’s not on the VP shortlist, I’d think you’d be thrilled. That would suggest there’s no chance of Bill or Hillary back in the White House.

Michele McGinty

posted June 17, 2008 at 10:42 am

“Why on earth should he ignore someone like Patti Solis Doyle when she’s got roots in the area, her brother is a Chicago alderman, and she’s known to Clinton’s top donors, some of whom are presumably open to donating to Obama and doing fundraisers for him?”
Why on earth? Well, how about the reaction of the Clinton donor that this was a slap in the face to Clinton.
“Hillary’s not on the VP shortlist, I’d think you’d be thrilled.”
What does my being thrilled have to do with the post. I’m not looking at this from my standpoint, I’m looking at this from Clinton’s.

Karen Brown

posted June 17, 2008 at 10:56 am

That wouldn’t show Obama holding a grudge in any case.
It could even be said it is showing that Obama doesn’t think Clinton the type to hold a grudge and would understand the practicality of such a move.
Indeed, the ‘update’ you didn’t post notes the same exact thing.
“UPDATE: Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee emails with a different take: “Patti will be an asset and good addition to the Obama campaign. After nearly two decades in political life, she brings with her the ability to tap an extensive network that will be a huge asset to Senator Obama. As Senator Clinton has said, we’re all going to do our part to help elect Senator Obama as the next President of the United States.”
Golly gee. It seems that both sides are being darn mature about this, aren’t they?

LJG

posted June 17, 2008 at 11:08 am

This is hilarious. You’re so desperate to look for anything negative to say about Obama that you’ll latch on to a few diehard Clinton donors who are still trying to use Patti Solis Doyle as a scapegoat for Hillary’s loss as proof that there’s something sinister going on.
Then you’ll be happy to know that Hillary Clinton released a statement supporting the hiring of Patti Solis Doyle:
“Patti will be an asset and good addition to the Obama campaign. After nearly two decades in political life, she brings with her the ability to tap an extensive network that will be a huge asset to Sen. Obama. As Sen. Clinton has said, we’re all going to do our part to help elect Sen. Obama as the next president of the United States.”
Oh, and she’s also urging her top donors to start donating to Obama for the general election. If she felt insulted or bitter about Patti Solis Doyle’s new job, she’s certainly not showing it, unlike a few of her more diehard donors.

ChuckG

posted June 17, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Michelle, sweetie, you’re not capable of looking at this situation from Hillary Clinton’s perspective. She’s an accomplished woman of the world. You’re a hack copying news stories and posting them to your blog with catty comments about Democrats. That’s all you are. But I still hold out hope you might write something that shouldn’t be printed out on toilet paper so I ready every day.

Michele McGinty

posted June 17, 2008 at 3:55 pm

“Michelle, sweetie, you’re not capable of looking at this situation from Hillary Clinton’s perspective. She’s an accomplished woman of the world. You’re a hack copying news stories and posting them to your blog with catty comments about Democrats. That’s all you are.”
Actually, ChuckG I’m a lot more than that. I’m a wife, mother, and seminarian. I’ve raised two wonderful girls and I’ve done a pretty good job. This blog is just a hobby, it doesn’t define me. Sorry you don’t get that.

Karen Brown

posted June 17, 2008 at 7:00 pm

But its been consistently wrong. Neither side is holding grudges. At least visibly (and face it, nobody seems to be a personal acquaintance here, so if we’re going to start speculating what’s going on in any politician’s personal lives…).
He updated his little story, and it seems that the Clinton team is perfectly fine with the new hire, and has not only endorsed Obama, but is encouraging continuing donations to his campaign.

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 17, 2008 at 7:57 pm

“And what are you guys doing with all your comments about McCain. Do you go to Daily Kos and reprimand them for speaking ill of McCain?”
why would i do that? i don’t speak ill of mccain on daily kos. i don’t read or post on kos period. for every 5 attacks you make on obama, i post maybe one here on mccain. i think i’ve been rather gracious to the old man, maybe out of respect for my elders.

recovering ex-Pentecostal

posted June 18, 2008 at 2:18 pm

“Obama strikes me as someone who would hold a grudge.”
What makes you say that, Michele? Do you actually have anything that backs up your feeling? Or would you just prefer to cast your usual aspersions without justification?
I know that ‘religious’ people are often mean-spirited without cause. I wonder what causes it in you?

recovering ex-Pentecostal

posted June 18, 2008 at 2:23 pm

“isn’t he the one who hired the person that Clinton fired for the VP staff? Doesn’t that strike you as suspicious?”
No, it doesn’t Michele. It sounds quite politiclly savvy. Obama obviously recognizes talent when he sees it, Michele. You type this as though it is justification for your belief that Obama is “someone who would hold a grudge”. I see nothing close to any proof in this addendum.

Michele McGinty

posted June 18, 2008 at 9:46 pm

“You type this as though it is justification for your belief that Obama”
No, it was just an opinion. That’s why I phrased it the way I did:
“Obama strikes me as someone who would hold a grudge.”

DC

posted June 19, 2008 at 7:28 pm

If you can’t substantiate it with facts and analysis, it isn’t much of an opinion. It’s more of a feeling. Or bias. Or a gratuitous drive-by insult. And without more justification it says more about the way you think (projecting maybe?) than about the way anyone else thinks.
Note that I am not suggesting that you’re not entitled to express an opinion or even to call a feeling an opinion and parse your phrasing along the lines of “it depends what your definition of ‘is’ is.” But if you can’t back a conclusion like that up with some better basis than you have, you can expect your readers to develop their own opinions of your adding that comment to the post.

Michele McGinty

posted June 19, 2008 at 7:33 pm

This whole blog is about my opinion. I’ve stated that over and over again. I’m not implying anything else.

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 20, 2008 at 12:05 am

not even informed. or educated. or backed up with fact.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »