Pontifications

Pontifications

Michael Jackson’s faith

posted by David Gibson

Michael Jackson peace sign.jpgThe pop icon was raised a Jehovah’s Witness, but according to some accounts had been “disfellowshipped” for various infractions. Last fall it was reported that Jackson had become a Muslim and changed his name to Mikaeel:

The 50-year-old singer, who has previously been photographed wearing a traditional Arab women’s veil, reportedly became a Muslim in a ceremony at a friend’s house in Los Angeles.

The singer, who was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness, is said to have sat on the floor and worn a small hat while an imam officiated at the home of Steve Porcaro, who composed music on his Thriller album.

He is said to have been encouraged by Canadian songwriter David Wharnsby and Phillip Bubal, a producer, who both approached him after he appeared ‘a bit down’.

A source told The Sun: ‘They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

‘An imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief.’

Jehovah’s Witnesses discourage autopsies, but it’s up to the family. Muslims are far more strict against them, as are Jews. But an autopsy is proceeding on Jackson to determine the cause of death, which may be related to medications.

For Michael’s views on faith in his own words, this 2000 column he penned for Beliefnet at the behest of his friend, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, is a must-read. It is titled “My Childhood, My Sabbath, My Freedom” What I wanted more than anything was to be ordinary. The Sabbath was when I could be…”

Read the rest…

More than anything, I wished to be a normal little boy. I wanted to build tree houses and go to roller-skating parties. But very early on, this became impossible. I had to accept that my childhood would be different than most others. But that’s what always made me wonder what an ordinary childhood would be like.

There was one day a week, however, that I was able to escape the stages of Hollywood and the crowds of the concert hall. That day was the Sabbath. In all religions, the Sabbath is a day that allows and requires the faithful to step away from the everyday and focus on the exceptional. I learned something about the Jewish Sabbath in particular early on from Rose, and my friend Shmuley further clarified for me how, on the Jewish Sabbath, the everyday life tasks of cooking dinner, grocery shopping, and mowing the lawn are forbidden so that humanity may make the ordinary extraordinary and the natural miraculous. Even things like shopping or turning on lights are forbidden. On this day, the Sabbath, everyone in the world gets to stop being ordinary.

But what I wanted more than anything was to be ordinary. So, in my world, the Sabbath was the day I was able to step away from my unique life and glimpse the everyday.

Sundays were my day for “Pioneering,” the term used for the missionary work that Jehovah’s Witnesses do. We would spend the day in the suburbs of Southern California, going door to door or making the rounds of a shopping mall, distributing our Watchtower magazine. I continued my pioneering work for years and years after my career had been launched.

Up to 1991, the time of my Dangerous tour, I would don my disguise of fat suit, wig, beard, and glasses and head off to live in the land of everyday America, visiting shopping plazas and tract homes in the suburbs. I loved to set foot in all those houses and catch sight of the shag rugs and La-Z-Boy armchairs with kids playing Monopoly and grandmas baby-sitting and all those wonderfully ordinary and, to me, magical scenes of life. Many, I know, would argue that these things seem like no big deal. But to me they were positively fascinating.

The funny thing is, no adults ever suspected who this strange bearded man was. But the children, with their extra intuition, knew right away. Like the Pied Piper of Hamlin, I would find myself trailed by eight or nine children by my second round of the shopping mall. They would follow and whisper and giggle, but they wouldn’t reveal my secret to their parents. They were my little aides. Hey, maybe you bought a magazine from me. Now you’re wondering, right?

Sundays were sacred for two other reasons as I was growing up. They were both the day that I attended church and the day that I spent rehearsing my hardest. This may seem against the idea of “rest on the Sabbath,” but it was the most sacred way I could spend my time: developing the talents that God gave me. The best way I can imagine to show my thanks is to make the very most of the gift that God gave me.

Church was a treat in its own right. It was again a chance for me to be “normal.” The church elders treated me the same as they treated everyone else. And they never became annoyed on the days that the back of the church filled with reporters who had discovered my whereabouts. They tried to welcome them in. After all, even reporters are the children of God.

When I was young, my whole family attended church together in Indiana. As we grew older, this became difficult, and my remarkable and truly saintly mother would sometimes end up there on her own. When circumstances made it increasingly complex for me to attend, I was comforted by the belief that God exists in my heart, and in music and in beauty, not only in a building. But I still miss the sense of community that I felt there–I miss the friends and the people who treated me like I was simply one of them. Simply human. Sharing a day with God.

When I became a father, my whole sense of God and the Sabbath was redefined. When I look into the eyes of my son, Prince, and daughter, Paris, I see miracles and I see beauty. Every single day becomes the Sabbath. Having children allows me to enter this magical and holy world every moment of every day. I see God through my children. I speak to God through my children. I am humbled for the blessings He has given me.

There have been times in my life when I, like everyone, has had to wonder about God’s existence. When Prince smiles, when Paris giggles, I have no doubts. Children are God’s gift to us. No–they are more than that–they are the very form of God’s energy and creativity and love. He is to be found in their innocence, experienced in their playfulness.

My most precious days as a child were those Sundays when I was able to be free. That is what the Sabbath has always been for me. A day of freedom. Now I find this freedom and magic every day in my role as a father. The amazing thing is, we all have the ability to make every day the precious day that is the Sabbath. And we do this by rededicating ourselves to the wonders of childhood. We do this by giving over our entire heart and mind to the little people we call son and daughter. The time we spend with them is the Sabbath. The place we spend it is called Paradise.

Karen

posted June 26, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Michael Jackson was disfellowshipped excommunicated from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and converted to Islam.
He left as do 80% of children brought up in it.

Gayle

posted June 26, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Michael was harshly driven by his father, providing a challenging public world. His mother was in a religion (no birthdays, no Christmas, nor holidays, etc.), that seemed to offer a Sabbath by comparison, however drove him as a child to “pioneer” door-to-door, even to do so in costume, again not normal.
Eventually, both those worlds collided. Michael saw that he had to leave the “Sabbath” he knew, as the JW organization proved to be tyrannical or harsh toward him, limiting him in his musical arts.
Most JW youths leave JW burdensome religion in time.
I, too, as Michael found Paradise through my children’s eyes.

Your Name

posted June 26, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Wow, that was so beautiful and sad at the same time. I always thought he was lonely too. Having children does make you go back to your childhood and it is a beautiful thing.
You know, Michael had some issues, as we all do and made some bad choices, relative to children as well as their parents for allowing the bad choices to occur. They should have been held liable and faced criminal charges for leaving their children with a grown man, all for the sake of his celebrity. They wouldn’t leave their children with any other grown man, including some of their relatives, yet they left their children with Michael. And although he was cleared of all charges, I believe that was the beginning of his demise.
Say what you want about Michael Jackson, he was a very kind, giving, loving, and sometime naive to an extent, person who was a great humanitarian to the end. I love him and will miss him more than words could express. My condolences to the family.
Michele Smith-Hector

isa

posted June 26, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Haven’t you heard?

Your Name

posted June 26, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I would like to take this time.. that when i first heard he was a jehovah witness and that he was all time singer was through a little girl who wanted to attend one of our meetings cause she wanted hear michael jackson beautiful voice.. through out the years i heard he was not doing so good. that he was using his money to buy and do things bizzare like. but who are we to judge. indeed he went to through alot. only God know what was going through his mind and he is the only one who can read his heart. my heart goes out to the family during this difficult . by i do have the assurance that he will come back in the ressurection of the righteous and unrighteous. with his death he has paid all of his sins.. we just have to be there in that paradise to see him happy again like when he was attending the meetings in Indiana..

Jason Brian Merrill

posted June 26, 2009 at 4:40 pm

JWs do NOT discourage autopsies.
I know, for i used to be one.

Jason Brian Merrill

posted June 26, 2009 at 4:44 pm

there is no way he “pioneered” – he simply wouldn’t be allowed to for these reasons:
1. – jws arent allowed to have beards
2. – pioneering is something you have to be approved for, and be regular at meetings (not just once a week)
3. – pioneering requires 90 hours a month (in his time), not just one full day a week out preaching.
so, he was lying, quite obvious to any JW or exJW such as myself.

Dana

posted June 26, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Michael was labeled a Jehovah’s Witness, but sadly he was not. A man, woman or child can’t just say “I am a Jehovah’s Witness” to make it so. A person has to be or become a Jehovah’s Witness. Just because Michael’s Mom is a Witness does not mean the family or Michael was or is a Jehovah’s Witnesses. Michael chose a different road from his Mother and he pursued fame instead of a relationship with God. The writer of this column is obviously uninformed about Jehovah’s Witnesses as his comment that Jehovah’s Witnesses discourage autopsies reflects. I have been associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses for 45 years and I know of no policy of discouraging autopsies.
I am so sorry for the passing of Michael Jackson. I grew up with Michael Jackson’s music all of my life. Good or Bad….whether you love him or not, we should all be sad for the family and for all who loved him. He has a hope of the resurection and I hope to one day meet him and find out many of the true answers to some of the questions I have about him and his sad life in this wicked system of things.
Peace to all who suffer.

JW News & Comments

posted June 26, 2009 at 6:55 pm

As far as I know the JW’s have nothing to say about autopsies.
Michael got into trouble with the Watchtower society over his Thriller video which they felt endorsed spiritism. In the Awake! magazine published by Jehovah’s Witnesses, Michael gave an apology for the video and expressed regret over it.
He left the religion a few years later.

pagansister

posted June 26, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Michael was forced into the life of an entertainer…by his father. Being hit with a belt when mistakes were made during rehearsels. (his own statement. I assume his brothers were too. So much for the JW’s and Love. However, IMO, his strangeness in the latter years of his life can’t be blamed on his upbringing. Stardom and drugs … not an uncommon combination apparently. Makes no difference what religion he claimed…in the end he is gone. Nothing left but his shell. His energy left and returned to the universe when he took his last breath. His is a mixed legend…genius entertainer, and possible child molester.

ann

posted June 26, 2009 at 10:23 pm

What struck me about this article is the complete understanding of what it means to take a Sabbath. Whether he wrote it or not, which I think he did, whether it is riddled with inconsistancies because he was clearly a troubled soul, I don’t know. What I do know is that it makes me want to seriously take a Sabbath.

Amáiya

posted June 26, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Where in the world did the author of this article get that Jehovah Witnesses do not approve of autopsies? Did you do your research or is this propaganda because of prejudice? If you want facts please visit Bethel in downtown Brooklyn, NY. We do not hold secrets…the building allows tours and questions directly from the horse’s mouth.

Jay

posted June 27, 2009 at 1:11 am

I am sad with Michael Jackson’s passing because of his musical contributions. However, my greatest grief is over the fact that most accounts indicate Michael Jackson was not a Christian. Many people are sadly mistaken that the belief Jehovan’s Witness and the Muslim beliefs are equal to those of Christianity. This is a grave mistake. The Bible says that no one comes unto the Father but by the Son. If a faith doesn’t believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, they are wrong. How sad to think that the “king of pop” may have missed the King of Kings.

Nick Emmons

posted June 27, 2009 at 1:14 am

The Watchtower Society in Brooklyn, New York would have the correct information regarding MJ’s membership status (and history), but good luck trying to get that.

Anna

posted June 27, 2009 at 1:34 am

As far as MJ’s father and being a JW. I’m pretty sure it was his mother who was the JW- his father just went along at times to please her. In fact in the books/movies that are approved as factual by the family about the Jackson’s life, they show that to be the case. His father would take them to nightclubs, etc to perform against her wishes, she was the one that tried to instill some form of spirituality into the family.

USA MOM

posted June 27, 2009 at 5:04 am

Jehovah’s Witnesses messed him up then disfellowshipped him.
Rest in Peace Michael Jackson,many of MJ’s dysfunctions arose from the conflict of his repressed Jehovah’s Witnesses belief system and the life of a rock star.

Abba Latiff Sheriff

posted June 27, 2009 at 6:53 am

I am so happy to hear that he became a muslim…as we belive that thats the only way to paradise…so to my friend who says he/she is unhappy that he might ave missed the kings of kings…i say…he got the creator of the heavens and earth, God himself in Islam. Anyways, if he did die as a muslim, then he won it all, the fame and popularity during his life and paradise in the hereafter. MJ will be missied terribly..by this generation….i mean both old and young…except maybe the very young who haven’t really yet come to understand for themselves who he really was. One ting he has left wit us though..in wich we’ll alwasy remember im is his wonderful music..and for everytime we listen to his songs…the joy and sorrow will both be in our hearts..and tears will come to our eyes. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

sands966

posted June 27, 2009 at 8:22 am

May god bless MJ soul R.I.P he will be missed

Your Name

posted June 27, 2009 at 8:24 am

it’s so unfortunate that Micheal Jackson has to denouce his faith for another because of certain things happening around him…Where ever his mum is right now i know for sure she’s not happy with that action of Micheal…The Bible says train up a child in the way he should go and when his old (Matured), he will not depart from it…all the same Jesus still remains Lord! Helleluyah!!!

James Jones

posted June 27, 2009 at 10:57 am

find it interesting that 99.9% of reporters and commentators state or imply that Michael Jackson’s connection with the WatchTower Cult ended when he was disfellowshipped in the 1980s.
Katherine and Rebbie’s family are all active JWs. Anyone who knows anything about JWs knows how this would play on MJ, who was at onetime an extremely devout JW.
In fact, circa 2004-5, a southern California newspaper published photos and an article showing MJ and his children attending their local Kingdom Hall. Does anyone really believe that someone with MJ’s ego would not only attend a “meetings” at his Kingdom Hall, but also take his children with him, if he were being shunned as disfellowshipped persons are at a JW Kingdom Hall. I suspect that MJ had been “reinstated” as an active JW sometime prior to 2004. Let’s see some reporter dig into that one. Don’t expect the WatchTower Society or local JWs admit such without presentation of overwhelming evidence given present citcumstances.
The negative influence of the teachings of the Jehovah’s Witnesses on Michael and his family have been either downplayed or totally ignored for as long as the Jackson Family has received public attention. For those readers who really want to know what life is like to be reared in the WatchTower Cult, nothing beats real world scenarios, and of real world scenarios, nothing beats actual civil and criminal court cases.
The following website summarizes 900 court cases and lawsuits involving children of Jehovah’s Witness Parents. The summaries demonstrate how JW Families rear their children and live life day-to-day. Also included are nearly 400 CRIMINAL cases — most involving MURDERS:
DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

Dawud

posted June 27, 2009 at 11:52 am

Dawud Wharnsby refuted this myth on his blog. Michael Jackson and Wharnsby never discussed issued of faith.
This is misreporting.

pagansister

posted June 27, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Jay, there isn’t one single RIGHT religion. It really makes no difference what faith MJ said he was or wasn’t. He’s dead. His shell will be either in the ground or in ashes, perhaps scattered. His energy left when he took his last breath. So if there is an afterlife, he’s already there…whether it is a Christian afterlife of a Muslim afterlife…or a reincarnation or whatever.

GrkOlive

posted June 27, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Just to correct a statement made above, Jehovah’s Witnesses do NOT discourage autopsies. This is false. Autopsies are VERY important in many cases, and this definitely is one of them.

farooq

posted June 27, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Try asking your creator tonight, OR ANY TIME….HE’S ALWAYS THERE
THIS IS A
TRANS-DIMENSIONAL UP-LINK TO THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE
O CREATOR OF ME, If there is a way of life you most love out of all the ways of life, then guide me to it,let me understand it and act upon it with the greatest of ease.
Show me truth as truth and help towards that and show me falsehood as falsehood and help me to avoid that.
O CREATOR OF ME, WHEN YOU SHOW THE TRUTH LET ME SEE IT AND UNDERSTAND IT,, LIKE I KNOW BLACK IS BLACK AND WHITE IS WHITE ,,WITHOUT ANY CONFUSION, AND SAVE ME FROM THE EVILS OF THIS WORLD AND EVERY ONE AROUND ME.

Abdullahi

posted June 28, 2009 at 3:36 pm

i give my best wishs to Mr.Michael Jackson in the next world, R.I.P Mr.Michael Jackson from your best fan Abdullahi.

Your Name

posted June 29, 2009 at 11:39 pm

To help the misunderstanding, Christianity is not a religion, but a faith and belief of Christ Jesus and His Word, The Holy Bible…..All of us will die, that is for sure. But not all of us will enter Heaven and see God…..it is written in John 3:3 “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” as well as in John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world (read YOU and I), that he gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world (read YOU and I) should be saved through Him.” I know without a doubt I will be in Heaven when I die because I have faith and hope in His Word…as it is written in John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” I have posted several excellent sites for any further questions or curiosity. I wish you the best on your chosen journey…….but only one leads to God and Heaven, regardless of what you want to think or believe. As one post commented, just because you believe it doesn’t make it so. I choose to place my faith and hope in Christ Jesus and His Word.

Lisa Franks

posted June 30, 2009 at 4:40 am

Jehovah’s Witnesses
Michael Jackson turned wacko jacko because of being subjected to guilt trip Watchtower repressive dogmas didn’t have sex with a girl until mid 30′s
The Watchtower society freaked him out disfellowshipped him…. he turned Muslim, now the Jehovah Witness are trying to get good PR out of is death.

pagansister

posted June 30, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Your Name at 11:39PM June 29: Christianity isn’t a religion, but a faith? Aren’t all faiths religions? Muslim faith, Buddhist faith, Christian faiths etc. are both, IMO, classified as religions and faiths. So your point is? “Christianity” is a religion of Christ. “Faith” is belief without proof, religion … The above definitions taken from Webster’s dictionary.

Your Name

posted June 30, 2009 at 6:17 pm

pagansister

posted June 30, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Your Name at 6:17 PM 30 June:
You just repeated yourself. You use your source, (I’m assuming the chronicle for your advice is the Bible). FYI, I was raised in the Methodist religion, with loving parents, true examples of Christians. My sisters chose to stay Christians. I left that religion/faith at 17, without any regrets. It just made no sense to me that I should worship and pray to some invisible being and that that invisible ruler made “earth and they that dwell therein”. My journey has been fine, and I feel happy and contented in my life. (I’m retired in my 60′s). I’m for folks doing what makes them happy. You’re happy in your chosen faith/religion and I’m happy with my choices. Is as it should be.

Watchtower

posted July 1, 2009 at 6:12 am

*** g84 5/22 pp. 19-20 What About Music Videos? ***
“I Would Never Do It Again!”
In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a “cat person,” then a dancing “monster.” Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.—Michael Jackson.” Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?
“I would never do it again!” says Jackson. “I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Jackson. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller.’”

nichole

posted July 1, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Lisa,
Please explain how “JW’s are trying to get good PR from his death.” I’m not sure which newstation you are watching or which newspaper you’ve read. However, I have yet to see one JW of representative for Jehovah’s Witnesses speak regarding MJ’s death. Any commentss made regarding the religion were made by non-JW.
As far as turning “wacko jackson” due to his disassociation with the Witnesses, if you recall HE stated that he suffered verbal, emotional and physical abuse at the hands of his father. This was prior to his disassociation with the Witnesses. His emotional issues were a result of that abuse.
I agree, MJ was not the norm. However, after seing his interviews and reading about his life, I can truly now understand why his actions were not mainstream. I didnt grow up in a household like his and I never suffered ill treatment at the hands of my parents. Therefore, I cant even begin to understand his internal demons.
I don’t agree with a lot of choices MJ made, but who am I? I’m sure I’ve made decisions in my life that other people didnt agree with. But, it doesn’t matter, as my salvation is determined by Almighty God, no one else.

Your Name

posted July 7, 2009 at 10:44 am

I think Jackson was an awesome human being. He had an awesome heart, and I truly loved his spirit.
pagansister
June 30, 2009 3:33 PM
Hello pagan sister I hope all is well. I just wanted to comment on a comment you made.
I think you’re right, Christianity to me is not a religion. One of my favorite comments is that ” I’m glad, i’m not religious”.
Christianity is more like a Kingdom with a king, and my king is Jesus Christ. A kingdom is nothing more than an inward change manifesting in an outward replication of the king. You see I can be religious on the outside with no internal change, and then when situations and problems or offenses come up, because there is no internal change taking place, a person outward appearance can’t remain being “religious”. That’s why you have people who “say” they are Christians who don’t act like it.
You see Jesus and his blood is the only religious figure that can change a person on the inside, that will produce a lasting change in people.
So in other words you can attend church as a christian on a daily weekly basis, and be a good person. But at the same time not have a personal relationship with God, and as a result not be changed on the inside.
So the number one question that everyone has is can Christianity be proved? This was a question that I wondered up until I turned 22 years old. At this point I had been a christian for two years, but started doing new stuff with me. He started opening up my spiritual eyes to see in the spirit realm. He started confirming his Word (the bible). It was like the bible starting coming alive in my life. Signs, wonders and miracles also started manifesting in my life. I started having divine and angelic visitation along with outer body experiences. But I know without a doubt that Jesus is real, the Holy Spirit is active in my life and the father loves me and you more than we can ever imagine.

CNN

posted July 8, 2009 at 10:14 am

Gert

posted July 13, 2009 at 9:23 am

All JW’s raised in this cult grow up freaks! They are isolated from the world, they are so afraid of being disfellowshipped. My husband was disfellowshipped from this cult and I think it was the best thing that could ever happen to him.
—————
[Proof that Michael Jackson was a practicing Jehovah's Witness and although disfellowshipped got a JW funeral.The Watchtower cult bent their rules
for a VIP.]
Details of Michael Jackson’s Family Funeral Revealed
www (dot) actressarchives.com/news.php?id=17384
Actress Archives – (Yesterday July 10 2009)
Tuesday morning the Jackson family gathered for a private ceremony at Forest Lawn, where a Jehovah’s Witness service was conducted by Jackson’s cousin, Wendell Hawkins. Fossett, who isn’t a Jehovah’s Witness said that the service was “spoken in a way that their belief is that he [God] is going to be back on this earth.” Hawkins “addressed guests and said he was glad that his [Michael's] life was connected with Jehovah.”
Michael Jackson has been vocal about how difficult it was to be raised by Jehovah’s Witnesses, and expressed his sorrow at never getting to celebrate birthdays or holidays as child. Once he was in his twenties, he began to celebrate his birthday”"

LOOK >>> This establishes that he was a practicing JW and that it was traumatic for him to be one.

Your Name

posted July 18, 2009 at 1:04 am

WE ARE NO PART OF THE WORLD,JOHN 17:14 WHY DONT U GUYS READ THE HUMAN WORKBOOK THE BIBLE.IT TELLS YOU HOW TO LIVE. AND TO HAVE GOOD VALUES AND MORALS.GOD AND JESUS ARE NOT ONE.JOHN 1:18 1JOHN 5:20 1 CORINITHIANS 11:3.WE ALL STUMBLE JAMES 3:2.THE HOPE, JOHN 5:27-29

Voicereason

posted July 18, 2009 at 9:26 am

Michael Jackson was estranged from the Jehovah’s Witnesses and NOW the Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses are making propaganda that they made him ‘happy’.
Once one studies the history of the Watchtower organization, one begins to understand that many of the Jehovah’s Witnesses rules are just man made laws that have little or no Bible authority,like saying MJ is coming back in a mortal resurrection.
Do a web index keyword search of Jehovah Witness read the pro and con about this group.
JW r Wolves in Sheep’s clothing’s

brin

posted July 18, 2009 at 10:16 am

reason needs to read gods word.god does not lie,read in any bible john 5:27-29.You fool!

Cheri

posted July 25, 2009 at 2:04 am

Michael had denounced the JW. As one who worked in the funeral business I know that when a loved one dies the family will sometimes do as they please. Katherine had a JW reading because she’s one. It was more about her than Michael.
Michael claimed Christ and Christianity, angering the JW. He begin celebrating Christmas and other religious holidays.
God bless him. People grow and they learn. He took his bible with him where ever he went. God has a way of dealing with people when we can’t see it.

anonymous

posted September 2, 2009 at 3:50 am

this is amazing how people are denouncing the JW’s. oh, but they would take their hats off and scream and shout for the pope or whoever else they idolize. JW’s already get so much pressure and you all have to add to it. the bible does say that we will be hated on account of his name. its ridiculous. jehovah blessed michael with a wonderful career nd i dnt think he woulda had it any other way.

eva

posted September 9, 2009 at 10:01 am

If Michael was so fond of his faith and called his mother a remarkable woman, its obviously because of the influence her faith has on her and the upbringing she gave him
Need it be said he wanted a similar upbringing for his kids, he obviously knew she couldn’t be wrong… neither could he.
The JW’s are a remarkable group.
they believe solely in the bible and regards it as god’s word.

michaels voice

posted December 31, 2011 at 1:57 pm

MIchael in his interviews never said he was disfellowshiped ….he did say he was reprimended for thriller…reprimended is not the same as disfellowshipped.

And you cant beleive everything that you read regarding Michaels faith…its best to just accept what Michael says in his interviews…MIchael said “just because its in print it doesnt make it the gospel”..