The Discovery Channel opens up what many–including the Vatican–had taken to be a settled question, namely whether the famous Shroud of Turin is truly the burial cloth of Jesus. “Unwrapping the Shroud: New Evidence,” airs Sunday (today), Dec. 14, at 10pm Eastern time.
The show’s promo material says this: “The Shroud of Turin was believed to be the burial cloth of Jesus. But in 1988, radiocarbon dating concluded it was a medieval hoax. New scientific evidence poses the first substantive challenge-reopening debate about the Shroud’s authenticity.”
I haven’t seen the piece yet, so I’ll be as keen to watch as anyone else. The shroud fascinates me, as many others.
Oh, and if you look closely, and if they used any of my voicebites, you may be able to catch a glimpse of yours truly “pontificating” on the topic.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding
- uicsppnsb on UDATE on pope-condom comments