Denver Archbishop Chaput not only criticizes Obama’s positions, but also the bishops’ conference for not speaking out forcefully–as the Archbishop does in this interview with young Thomas Peters, a.k.a. the “American Papist” and one of the more popular bloggers among the conservative Catholic set. The Papist’s excerpts from the video indicate that Archbishop Chaput will be one of those seeking a major change in the bishops’ approach when they meet in Baltimore next week:On vocal bishops: “The bishops are aware … a quieter approach to these things has not been effective … we have to be stronger in what we say. We’ve just had it.”On Faithful Citizenship: “[It is] not very clear. We either ought to get rid of it, or say things much clearer.”On claiming Obama is a pro-life candidate: “It would be foolish to say that someone who … runs on a party platform that has no regret at all about abortion … to call that position pro-life is really strange.”On IRS investigations: “It’s simply bullying. It shouldn’t stop us from talking about the important issues of our time.”On the separation of Church and State: “We do believe in it. We don’t like the state to tell us what to do. We don’t believe in the separation of faith and politics.”
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding
- uicsppnsb on UDATE on pope-condom comments