On this fabulous, Kick Tush Tuesday, I am sharing with you an email that I suspect a great many of us can relate to. So read on, relate to, ingest, tell your truth, and then…levitate through life with me! Sometimes it’s that simple!
Dear Janice (a.k.a. Our Lady of Weight Loss, best Anti-Gravity Coach ever) ~ I have zero will power. I can’t stick to anything. I am tired of all the excess weight that I carry on my hips, on my thighs and yes, my belly, too.
I don’t know how to get rid of it, and I am eating, binging and frankly, hating myself, all the time. Can you help??? ~ Zero Will Power, 100% Fat
Dear Zero ~ Before you even begin to think about what you might or might not ingest, before you map out a healthy eating plan, as well as a new and inspired life plan, might I suggest that our first step (your first step), a vital one at that, is to unpack your language, your wordage, your verbiage, your belief system(s)?
Take a look and see just what you are feeding your mind!
- “I have zero will power.” Zero? Really? I don’t believe in absolutes (always, never, and in this case zero. How can that be? Have you never, ever exhibited even a shred of will power?
- “I can’t stick to anything.” Again…Really? Another blanket statement that simply cannot be true. Have you not been able to stick to anything, ever?
- “I am tired…” is a tiring statement. Just reading it triggers a need for a nap.
- “I don’t know how to get rid of…” seems a tad aggressive, no?
- “I am eating all the time…” Again…Seriously?
These, dear friend, are the messages that you are feeding your mind, both consciously and unconsciously. These messages equal one rather chubby belief system, no?
What to do? Look at, experience things from an Anti-Gravity Point-of-View! A lighter, more positive place, where weightlessness and spaciousness are readily available.
- Want Power! Drop the Will Power talk and ask yourself, “How much do I want to be healthy, to be svelte(ish), to strut my stuff? Exercising your “Want Power Muscle” is far more effective than fighting with the idea of will-power.
- I Don’t Know How…Yet! Instead of saying “I can’t…” try on “I don’t know how…yet.” Can you feel the difference? One shuts the door, and the other opens a window to exploring, to change.
- I Am Ready…to work at change. Instead of focusing on being ‘tired,’ why not take in a deep breath, and chant…”I am ready.” On the out breath, “to explore, investigate to work at change.”
- Letting Go. Do you really want to aggressively ‘get rid of’ your excess, which is a part of you, you know? Or might it feel better and work better to simply ‘let go’ of the excess. A more gentle and kind approach, to be sure. Feel the ‘light?’
- I Am…is an identity statement. Make a strong and positive statement about who you are! Whenever you hear yourself saying, “I am…” realize that you are defining who you believe yourself to be. I am…happy. I am…smart. I am working on having more control. I am seeing the good in myself. I am loving myself more and more every day.
Thanks, Zero to 100% on Board and Workin’ It!!! You are a brave soul to write, to tell your truth and to be willing to change. Carry on and let us know how it goes!
Who else wants to tell their truth? Comment below, send an email, post in the KITT Club/FB. In other words, participate! Participating will set you free! (Chew on that!)
For (almost) daily motivational musings from our country’s premiere Anti-Gravity Coach, Janice Taylor (that’s me), join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/FB!
For the full skinny as well as Anti-Gravity Specials, sign up for Janice Taylor’s Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!