One strategy that is sure to help you wake up thinner on new year’s day is to eat an apple 15 minutes before your meals!
According to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, you can reduce your calorie intake by 15% by eating an apple 15 minutes before your meal! Apparently, the apple boosts your satiety levels, helping you to eat less!
To boost satiety levels: Eat one fresh, raw, happy apple 15 minutes before a meal!
To boost dessert happiness levels: Bake up these apple chips!
Spicy Apple Chips
* 2 medium apples
* freshly squeezed lime juice
* a dash here and there of cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 °F (120 °C).
2. Slice apples as thin as humanly possible, discarding both ends.
3. Sprinkle with lime juice, place on foil-lined cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon (optional)
4. Bake for 2 hours, turning apple slices every half hour.
5. EAT! YUM. Delicious. No kidding. Wow.
Here’s to a happy holiday and a thinner new year! 🙂
For more holiday tips and holiday cheer, visit the Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook.
Spread the word–NOT the icing!