Our Lady of Weight Loss has been ‘after’ me, nagging at me, telling me to put together a mega-list of diet/weight loss tips for y’all. (I’m telling you … she is quite the boss.)
Thing is, I wanted to put together a mega-list of diet tips that are ‘new’ to you. Diet tips that make you stop and say, “I’ve never heard that before!” But Our Lady, in her infinite wisdom, said, “It’s September. Time for a fresh start. Some tips will be new to some, reminders to others. Just get started. Start a list. Add to it periodically. Get going. Period. End of Report.” She loves to say that, “Period! End of Report.”
So … here follows, Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 12 Fresh Start Diet Tips
- Save Calories, Be Open to Open Sandwiches. If you are accustomed to eating a sandwich for lunch; simply remove the top slice of bread and eat it open style.
- Mustard vs. Mayo? 10 calories per tablespoon vs. 57 calories per tablespoon.
- Add Veggies, Super-Size the Lettuce. Layer your sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, sprouts, peppers, onions, cucumbers, spinach … etc.!
- Variety is the Spice of Dieting. Don’t get stuck in a rut by eating the same few foods all the time.
- Herbs and Spices, Oh My! Be sure to load up on the herbs and spices to add flavor and zest to your meals.
- Craving Sweets? Chewing on a thin slice of lemon or lime or even a sour pickle eliminates cravings.
- Take the Hunger Edge Off with A Pre-Dinner Cocktail. Thirty minutes before you eat, have a tall glass of water, lemony ice-tea (no sugar, lease) or any other calorie-free beverage!
- End Late Night Cravings. Instead of eating an unnecessary late night snack … stop! Brush your teeth, rise and floss thoroughly.
- Savings Plan! Each and every time you crave an unnecessary snack or want to hit the potato bowl a second time around, estimate its cost and put the money in your “I am Not a Piggy Bank.”*
- Make a Financial Investment in your healthy living plan. Whether it’s membership in a gym, buying new clothing, or contracting with a coach, a large enough dollar commitment is an excellent incentive that creates leverage.
- You Deserve … You deserve a reward for your diligence and hard work. At the end of each week or month of successfully following your plan, treat yourself to something. A new scarf, houseplant, book, or even some solo downtime.
- All Is Forgiven, Move On! Should you fall off the wagon, into a ditch, break your diet (while I have not scoured the entire planet and asked every dieting soul, I suspect this is the case for everyone. In other words, we all fall from grace), then simple chant Our Lady of Weight Loss’s mantra; all is forgiven, move on. And do so! Move on!!!
- Celebrate YOU! You’ve made a commitment to yourself and you are sticking to it! This is no small banana It’s huge! (The attempt, the success, the glory is huge; but not you!). Keep it up and be the Losing WINNER that you are! 🙂
*Not Piggy Bank – For instructions on how to make your own “I am NoT a Piggy Bank,” pick up a copy of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal.
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author
Self-Help / Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer! A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?