Want to eat healthy and save money? Then buy ‘seasonal foods.’ It makes perfect sense. When foods are in season, they are plentiful and, therefore, cost less. It’s the ole supply n’ demand theory.
Here follows a list of what’s in “September Season,” followed by one of Our Lady of Weight Loss’s favorite Kick Tush Recipes from her classic – All is Forgiven, Move On!
Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables for September:
And NOW for the recipe … a 5 Yum Event!
Walk on the Mild Side of Pasta!
8 oz (2-2 1/2 c) Farfalle pasta
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 oz turkey sausage; cut into small pieces
2 small shallots; minced
10 oz frozen spinach; thawed and drained (when in season, feel free to use FRESH SPINACH; saute in a little bit of oil and extra virgin olive oil until wilted)
0.5 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
0.5 ground black pepper
1/2 c low sodium chicken stock
1/4 c Parmesan cheese + 1 tbsp cheese to sprinkle on individual dish
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large sauté pan and add oil. Add turkey sausage pieces to the pan and cook until nicely browned.
- Add shallots, spinach, nutmeg, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken stock and Parmesan cheese.
- By now the pasta will be cooked. Save some of the cooking water. Drain (don’t rise under water) and put pasta into the sauté pan with the turkey sausage / spinach mixture. Toss well. Add some of the pasta water if needed.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful Janice Taylor’s KICK in the TUSH Club videos
Subscribe and Receive – as they are HOT off the REEL!
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Follow Janice on Twitter @OurLady