Dear Our Lady of Weight Loss ~ What do you do after you lose weight (almost 100 lbs), and then start gaining it back (almost 30 lbs. back)? I am still working out, which is a good thing. How do I get my weight loss groove back???????? It was almost effortless before. I so realize that weight is an emotional manifestation. ~ Brenda S.
Dear Brenda ~ Permanent weight removal vs. losing it and finding it again is a multi-layered process. Here are a few tips that may help you shed ‘lite’ on the topic! Good Luck!!! And DO, please keep us in your loop. and … YES, Kudos to you, Brenda, for keeping up with your exercise! Fabulous!!! ~ Janice (dictated but not ready by Our Lady of Weight Loss)
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
What your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Brenda wants to know how to get motivated and stay motivated; how to get her upward spiral in motion forever more. I’m sure that speaks to many of us, yes?
Here follow a few tips on how to get motivated on a daily basis as well as a few question coaching questions that are designed to ‘blow the fat cells out of your mind.‘
How to Get Your Upward Spiral in Motion …
1. Stay Motivated? People have the misconception that once motivated it will last. To quote the great motivational speaker, Zig Ziglar, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” Ask yourself each and every morning, “What will I do today to motivate myself?” A powerful question, indeed.
2. Consider Moving Toward. Rather than pushing away from not liking yourself, pushing away from being disgusted; how about creating a dazzlingly inspired vision of your future? What are you moving toward?
I’ve shared this excerpt from my book – All Is Forgiven, Move On – before. Because it is such an important aspect of permanent weight loss, I am going to share it again.
Have you ever watched an Olympic swimmer push off the side of the pool? It is quite amazing, isn’t it? The thrust, the power, their determination is enormous. Often the strength of this one solitary push can propel the Olympian right straight into the middle of the Olympic-sized pool.
When we decide to go on a ‘diet,’ we essentially push off from the side of the ‘pool of discontent.’ We gather a vast amount of energy from not liking ourselves, being disgusted, and ashamed of how we look. We don’t like ourselves. No, we sure don’t.
Sometimes this energy takes us half way to our goal weight. Sometimes all the way … 10, 20, 30, 100, 200 pounds lost. Then what?
Unlike the Olympic swimmer who has a plan; who is moving toward her big win; who sees herself as a champion and knows with every cell and fiber of her being that she is the victor, we only know ourselves to be losers. We are basing this attempt on past attempts to lose, which have failed.
It is easy to get lost if you don’t know where you are going. If you want to be victorious at the game of Permanent Fat Removal, then you need to have a compelling future. You need to know where you are going; what you want; what removing those pounds means. The diet and exercise plans do not live alone. This is a holistic event. It’s about your life, not your fat.
The number of lessons, here, are numerous.
What are you moving toward? What does your compelling future look like?
3. What Are You Thinking? We have approximately 70,000 thoughts per day. There are 86,400 seconds per day, which means that we have a thought ever 1.2 seconds. Many of these thoughts, if not most, are repetitive and tend toward negativity. It is the nature of mind. It is important to get hip to your thoughts and ask yourself, “How do I know that thought is true? Where did this belief come from?”
4. Actions Follow Thoughts. Your actions spring from your thoughts. Think about it! When you are about to take an action that is clearly not in alignment with your goals, stop and do your best to remember the thought that preceded the action. In so doing, you have an opportunity to change your thought and your action.
5. It’s NOT about the FAT; It’s about YOUR LIFE. Your excess weight is merely a symptom of something that is out of balance; that needs to change. What in your life is out of balance? What are your fat cells saying to you? Might they keep multiplying, because you are not listening?
How ‘loud’ does it have to get before you make a meaningful change? How loud does it have to get before you explore your beliefs, your thoughts, and get honest with yourself about what is going on?
What is it that your fat cells want you to change?
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful
Janice Taylor’s KICK in the TUSH Club videos!
Subscribe and Receive – as they are HOT off the REEL!