Yesterday, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released its report on obesity in America. And guess what? We’re fatter than ever. On the one hand, it is shocking to find that to be the case. We’re trying so hard to be thin. On the other hand, trying never cuts it, does it? As Yoda from Star Wars says, “Do or do not… there is no try.”
Here follows my take. Perhaps, those in-charge will read it.
To those “in-charge,” who are implementing food and exercise programs, I’d like to say, you’ve got it all wrong. You guys keep feeding us the same old stale information over and over again. If it didn’t work last year or the year before, why would it work this year?
Thus far, your approach to “weight loss” has only served to “Keep America Fat,” so much so that could be your slogan!
Here follows my top permanent fat removal tips in hopes that the tectonic plates in your collective minds will loosen, shift and lift, and you awake with clear view and a new perspective on ‘weight loss.’
Fatten the Statistical Pie or Permanently Remove Fat: Your Choice
Ten Tips from Janice Taylor, 50 pound big time winner.
1. Let’s move away from the usual weight loss dialogue, speak a new language, and I don’t mean French.
Your Words. Permanent fat removal is different than losing weight. If you lose weight, you may well find it.
Think about the word ‘loss.’ If we lose something, we search for it. We mourn it. We feel loss. We tend to hold on to things in fear of loss. And further who wants to lose their weight or weightiness? Weight can equal substance, importance.
If the word ‘fat’ jars you, get over it. Would you prefer to lose weight or permanently remove fat? Speaking of which, do patients say to their plastic surgeons, “I’d like to lose weight.” No, they say, “suck that fat outta’ me.”
More on words (or moron words): ‘Try’ to lose weight. If I say I’m going to try and make your dinner party, don’t set a place for me. When one tries, it is a way (weigh) out! As Yoda from Star Wars says, “Do or do not. There is no try.”
“I struggle” with my weight. You have just identified yourself with struggle. “Try” getting someone to give up their identity! That, my friends, is “difficult.” While I won’t say Permanent Fat Removal is easy, it’s as “difficult” or “hard” as you want to make it.
That’s just for starters (like the first course). Plenty more words floating out there that are used that do not support our permanent fat removal efforts.
Words organize our reality and have more power than you might realize.
2. Add Laughter and Fun to Your Statistical Pie. “What IS she talking about? Laughter, fun, permanent fat removal?” Puzzled are you?
You are all so serious-merious about the whole thing. Who’d want to jump on the proverbial bandwagon with you?
According to the legendary Bob Newhart, “Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with and then move on.” Humor and laughter also activate the will to live, lower stress, elevate mood, improve brain function, dissolve anger, burn calories and exercise muscles.
Isn’t that something that should be added to America’s Permanent Fat Removal recipe?
3. Permanent Fat Removal Is a HOLISTIC Event. What about the rest of the pie? You keep focusing on food and exercise as THE way to lose weight.
Like hello. Food and exercise are merely two slivers of the pie. Permanent Fat Removal encompasses all areas of life. It’s about how each and every part of our life affects our healthy lifestyle and how our healthy lifestyle affects each and every part of our life. Further, if one is lacking and lagging and troubled in their relationship, finance, career, spirituality, creativity, physical environment slices of life pie, how will they gather enough strength and fortitude to make meaningful lifestyle changes? Let’s focus on, talk about all of life as we permanently remove fat!
4. Permanent Fat Removal Is a Creative Process. People tell me that they are not creative. PEOPLE (Yes, I’m fired up and almost yelling – well, speaking in a strong and amplified manner)… PEOPLE create their lives. Whether we want to look at life squarely in the face and waist or not, we created our lives. Creativity is an essential part of the human experience. It helps us to create balance and order and a sense of control. And, I’d like to point out that those who have being ‘trying’ to get America to lose weight and get fit, are somehow creating the opposite.
5. Pushing Off the Proverbial Pool. Have you ever watched an Olympic swimmer push off the side of the pool? It is quite amazing, isn’t it? The thrust, the power, their determination is enormous. Often the strength of this one solitary push can propel the Olympian right straight the middle of the Olympic sized pool.
When we decide to go on a ‘diet,’ we essentially push off from the side of the pool of discontent. We gather a vast amount of energy from not liking ourselves, being disgusted, and ashamed of how we look. We don’t like ourselves. No, we sure don’t. Sometimes this energy takes us half way to our goal weight. Sometimes all the way … 10, 20, 30, 100, 200 pounds lost. Then what?
Unlike the Olympic swimmer who has a plan; who is moving toward her big win; who sees herself as a champion and knows with every cell and fiber of her being that she is the victor, we only know ourselves to be losers. We are basing this attempt on past attempts to lose, which have failed.
If we want to be victorious at the game of Permanent Fat Removal, then we need to focus on our compelling future. We need to know where we are going; what we want. We need to be moving toward something positive instead of expending enormous energy pushing away from negativity. Go with the flow of life. Negativity is like swimming with lead weights tied to your ankles.
6. Speaking of the often-dreaded “E” word. A good number of Americans do not exercise at all. “Can we please start croquet teams across America?” I ask, in an exasperated tone. Let’s just get people out of their homes, away from their televisions and computers and have some fun while doing it. Oh, NO! There’s that fun word again.
Do you think going to a gym and walking on a treadmill is fun for the majority of us? Like HELLO again. Croquet teams would be great! Jackets that say Kick in the Tush Club* (that’s a fun name) on them! Miniature golf and bowling are other possibilities. Think ‘getting out’ first. What fun and inspiring activities can we create that will get people out and having fun? Let’s talk about aerobics and exercise later (maybe). I’m not saying that exercise isn’t vital to one’s health. I’m just saying, let’s captivate imaginations, excite people, bring the energy up, and get people out and moving first.
*The Kick in the Tush Club is a club that I created and there’s a Kick-Tush Beliefnet chapter that you can join!
7. Permanent Fat Removal Is a Spiritual Event. It is about self-love, forgiveness, connecting to and manifesting your higher-self – a new self. It’s about taking care of yourself; being kind to yourself … being gentle and embracing self.
It’s not about saying self-deprecating things to self, heaping platters of guilt on oneself or feeling sad that you’re not a super-model, or even a model, or even a large-sized model for that fact. It’s about acceptance.
8. The Collective Fat Removal Consciousness. There’s a lot of industry and money floating out there that support ‘weight loss.’ Yes, they support your losing weight and finding it. The weight loss industry alone (diet programs and products) brings in more than $40 billion per year. Add in the pharmaceuticals, the food industry, and those who make those less-than-healthy ingredients for the food industry (i.e. high fructose corn syrup, enrich flour, et al.) and geeze louise, you’ve got the economy hanging itself by a fat rope. A new industry that makes more money has to be born.
9. The Fair Grounds. Please stop deep frying Twinkies. Please stop going out of your creative way to deep fry everything, sometimes double deep fried. Please stop putting caffeine in chips. Or crispy fried chicken skins in little colorful bags that say 90 calories per serving on the nutritional label (4 servings per bag). Why not just put the full calorie count? Why be so dubious? Play nice. Be fair!
10. The After Math. What will you do after you lose weight, aside from find it? A member of my Kick in the Tush Club wrote me and asked what I thought about gastric bypass surgery. I told her that this was her personal choice. And then I asked her what she was going to do after she lost the weight. How would her life be different? How might she feel to be half (the size) of what she was? What might that look like, sound like? How might her experience of herself and her life change? What is it that she was really after? Her response was “Wow, no one has asked me any of those questions. I don’t know the answers. I need to think about those questions.” Yes, we all need to think past the weight loss, lest we find it. What will you do after you permanently remove your excess fat?
Well, there you have it. My top ten list of ways we no longer have to wait to weigh less, how to permanently remove fat, have fun while doing same and create a paradigm shift.
More On Permanent Fat Removal
Diets don’t work: A kick in the tush does.
How to STOP Overeating and Take Control NOW!
Spread the word, not the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Health & Wellness Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Take a Bach Break. Lose Weight… Sometimes it’s just that simple!
- Morning Chew: The Epictetus Cure
- Weighty Confession: Pass the Yankee Doodle
- From Fidgeting to Fornicating: 8 Ways to Burn 100 Calories
- VLOG: Travel Weight Loss 101: 9 Travel Tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss
- Self-Care : Selfish? Self-Indulgent? Necessary?
- #Imperfectionism vs. Perfectionism : To Banish Imperfections Is to Destroy Expression
- Listen and Lose !!! Sometimes it’s just that simple …
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day
- End the Madness: Create a Better _____ ?