“Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one.” ~ Ancient Chinese Proverb
Last week, while getting my hair ‘done,’ a lovely young woman whose hair was dyed black with a few blue highlights (absolutely fabulous, didn’t have the nerve to do it myself) made me a cup of green tea! The tea was soothing, delicious and while drinking it, I remembered that green tea has been reported to help one lose weight. So, when I got home, I did a bit of digging and reading and here’s what I learned!
Green tea, used for thousands of years in Asia, as both beverage and herbal medicine is now the subject of numerous scientific studies in the U.S. and abroad.
Research shows that green tea helps to prevent cancer and heart disease. Green tea slows the aging process and may even reduce harmful blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It has been known to prevent and reduce the pain of rheumatoid arthritis.
Miraculous health benefits, indeed! Scientists in the United States and Switzerland published a study in the December 1999 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showing that green tea extract contained a substance that may help burn fat.
The Linus Pauling Institute explains that the weight loss is “apparently due to increased fat oxidation and thermogenesis.”
Put that in your teapot and drink it! (Green Tea contains caffeine).
A recap or recup, if you will!
Green Tea …
1. helps to prevent certain types of cancer
2. helps to prevent heart disease
3. slows the aging process
4. reduces harmful blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels
5. prevents and reduces the pain of rheumatoid arthritis
6. helps burn fat
More of your favorite fat-burning links!
How do you stop yourself?
Eat Carbs. Lose Weight.
8 Ways to Burn 100 Calories
Spread the word … not the icing!
Your GAIN is MY PAIN. How can I help YOU?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season
- How Can You Recharge Your Tired Self During the Holiday Season?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How Did She Lose 60 Pounds…one word answer?