According to my friend, Ellen (Ellen W. not Ellen DeG.), Dr. Oz says that people from India have the lowest rate of Alzheimer’s, because they ingest a lot of Turmeric and Cumin!
Well, Tushkateers*! Here is an unforgettably good recipe. It’s low in calories and filled with unbelievably healthy ingredients. I swear!!! You are gonna’ love it!!!
Curried Chickpeas with Curative Powers!
from the Our Lady of Weight Loss Kitchens
2 tablespoons olive oil * 2 medium onions, diced small * 6 cloves garlic, minced * 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped * 6 whole cloves * 2 (2 inch) sticks cinnamon, crushed * 1 teaspoon ground cumin * 1 teaspoon ground coriander * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper * 1 teaspoon ground turmeric * 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans * 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro * salt to taste
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat * Saute onions until tender. And the garlic, too!* Stir in all the other incredible spices * Stir for one whole minute! * Mix in garbanzo beans with liquid. * Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended and heated through. * Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro just before serving! * Save maybe a tablespoon or so to garnish!
What is a Tushkateer, you ask? A Tushkateer is a member of the Kick in the Tush Club! Join with us!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Creative Bridge Building: 2 Steps from Dreams to Reality
- #KickTush: 5 Happy Steps – Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Sweet Potato Salad
- 12 Quotes: #Depression Robin Williams…Secret Sorrows
- Chewing the Fat: Miss Chocolate Chiffon Calling Your Name?
- Depression: 11 Ways to Reignite Your Joie de Vivre
- Puzzled? What Happens When You Howl at the SuperMoon?
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 Quotes that #SparktheImagination
- What’s Normal? Are You Comfortable In Your Own Skin?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 5 Points of Lights that Lighten!