What if I were to tell you that you would definitely lose weight – and lots of it – if only you followed Commandment #5 from Our Lady of Weight Loss‘s “The Ten Commandments of Permanent Fat Removal?” Would you be interested in that?
Are you ready to surrender to the most powerful rule in the Land of Permanent Fat Removal? Read on and see what Tushkateer Lesley writes! And how “surrender” for Lesley is a beautiful thing!
Lesley writes: I give up! I surrendered to the Bite-It-Write-It suggestion (edict?) from OLWL. (Commandment #5: Thou shalt honestly write it down. If you bite it, you should write it.) And it is with chagrin that I have to report it is working.
I have resisted this for one single reason (and it did seem like a reason, not an excuse, to me). I felt that by writing down every bite I took, I was focusing my attention on food.
And the whole point is to move into the lite, evolve, and – especially true – that it’s not about the food. So why give food that power, that hold, by constantly acknowledging and writing down every morsel? Doesn’t that just focus all the attention back to the food?
Welllll …. after the post from the other Tushkateer, on this very subject, I decided “What the heck – if I’m doing this, then I’m doing this. Trust Janice and take a leap of faith.”
So, I started writing everything down several days ago. And, lo and behold, it works! Rather than focusing on the food, it’s been a vehicle for planning and big pats on the back.
As far as planning goes, I usually record the next morning’s breakfast the previous night. I can get up and discover “Oh that’s right. I’m having a veggie egg-white omelet.” So far, at the end of every day, I’ve been able to look back and go “Damn! I ate really healthy today!” I’ve also been using “the log” to record and track my exercise.
Anyway, after being a major holdout in this area, I have surrendered and my clothes are looser. Thanks!
Well said, Lesley. Are YOU ready to surrender, now!?!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
If YOU Want to WAKE UP THINNER? then go to THE HOLIDAY DIET for details on the e-book, community and more!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance