Did you hear? There’s an Eggo Waffle shortage and Oprah is saying good-bye to daytime talk TV! I blame both ‘catastrophic’ happenings on the New Moon.
True enough! The new moon phase hit the skies on Monday, and since then pure pandemonium has set in! Both topics are vying for top billing on the google hot trends leaderboard.
Nevertheless, it does speak to the power of the moon and its varying phases. The new moon is typically considered to be the ‘birthing cycle.’ It is a time to plant your seeds for your future, a time of planning, of letting your intentions be known. And then, of course, manifesting them!
How to Set Your Intention: A New Moon Ritual
1. Declare your intention. Do you intend to permanently lose weight? Find a new love? Make gobs of money (something that is not only good for you but in service to all, please)? Now … write it on paper! 75% of what we write down happens, so be careful to word your intention carefully!
2. Find a suitable setting for your ritual. A place that is comfortable, where you will not be disturbed, where you can easily call upon the Elements of the Universe to empower you. Be sure to cleanse the area by either lighting an incense or spraying (modern way of doing this) a lavender scent.
3. Create an altar. It should include a variety of things that correspond to the Elements: lavender spray for air; a small bowl of water for water; a stone or a little dirt (love the smell of fresh dirt) for earth and a candle or one of those battery operated candles for fire (trying to keep it safe). If you can find a silver candle, go for it! Silver representing the moon, of course!
4. Chant 3 Times. “Fire in the South, Water in the West, Earth in the North and Air in the East,” as you rotate your body to the south, west north and east respectively. Perhaps a little dizzying, but worth it!
5. Now either burn your words – your intentions – or toss them to the sky. (Please be careful. Fire is for adults only!) As your message is sent into the sky, imagine that your intention is being carried out into the universe.
6. Thank the Elements for availing themselves to you. In this rude world, a thank you is always appreciated.
7. Come back to time and space as we know it, trusting that the seeds of your future have been planted in fertile soil!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
If YOU Want to WAKE UP THINNER? then go to THE HOLIDAY DIET for details on the e-book, community and more!
Does your weight loss chart look like an EKG?
In need of a coach? Write Janice!