This morning, at 6:47 a.m. to be precise, I was interviewed by the fabulous Dr. Alvin Augustus Jones on The Paradise Radio Network, WCBQ-AM 1340 and WHNC-AM 890.
In keeping with the time of day, Dr. Jones asked me if I had any tips on how best to start our day. Here, I share the full list, my top 10 tips that are sure to energy, boost moods, lift spirits and help you to lose weight!
1. Start your day with a smile. Just as your eyes are fluttering and you are becoming aware that a new day stands before you, smile. It sets a positive tone that will reverberate throughout your day.
2. Expect a miracle. Believe that something extraordinary will show up in your day. Open your heart and mind and allow the universe to bestow gifts and blessings on you.
3. A blast of fresh air. Open a window or two and take in a deep breath of fresh air. So refreshing!
4. Drink a glass or two of water. Your body is hard at work when you are sleeping, and your water levels are not being replenished. Drinking water upon waking helps to flush the toxins out of your body, energize you and helps in your weight loss efforts.
5. Dance to the music. Turn on and tune into your favorite dance music. Shake your booty. Can you feel the happy energy swirling?
6. Take a cold shower. Enjoy your hot shower, but be sure to end it on a cold note! Not only will you wake up and feel energized, but a cold shower helps to increase circulation throughout the body, clean the circulatory system, reduce blood pressure on internal organs and much more!
7. Go green tea. People who drink coffee often find that the initial burst of energy feels good, but it’s not worth the crash that is sure to follow. Green tea is a healthy and natural energizer.
8. Eat a healthy breakfast. Maybe some fresh fruit, sprouted wheat bread, an organic hard boiled egg? Not only will you get the energy from these healthy foods that you need to keep your body moving, but eating breakfast is an important part of weight loss.
9. Talk to Your Plants. If you have some plants (either inside or outside), water them, touch them, smell them and talk to them. Having contact first thing in the morning with nature is grounding.
10. Make a Fashion Statement. Wear something that brings out the best in you. Something that makes you feel good, that represents the real you!
Now, are you ready to walk out into the world and enjoy another fabulous day?
Great, me too!!!
More Energizing Tips:
20 Quick & Simple Weight Loss Tips to Live By
28 Days; 28 Diet Tips
9 Pounds, 9 Minutes
Spread the word … NOT the Icing!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.