It’s 09 09 09 and Our Lady of Weight Loss has 9 tips to share with you that can help you to lose 9 pounds in 9 minutes.
How it works: Read these 9 tips slowly. One minute per tip, equaling 9 minutes. Make these tips a part of your healthy lifestyle and over time, you will easily and effortlessly shed those extra 9 pounds!
1. Savor the Flavor. Practice mindful eating as you focus on each and every bite. Slowing down provides an opportunity for you to not only savor the flavor, but to also get in touch with your feelings of hunger and satiety. Stop eating when sated!
2. No Bag Policy. Make it a rule to never, ever eat out of a bag. Count your crackers, put them on a pretty plate. Put the bag away. NOW! And re-read tip 1 – savor the flavor.
3. Small Dishes Delite. It’s a scientific fact (published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine). People eat more when they use big plates and bowls than those who use small dishes, and they are equally as satisfied! Go small.
4. Can’t Say No? Make a list – right now – of the foods that you absolutely cannot say no to. Now, go through your cabinets and toss them! Make your home a safe haven.
5. Bite it/Write it! Studies show that those who track their foods statistically lose twice as much as those who don’t. Writing it down keeps you honest and conscious.
6. No Seat/No Eat. Do sit at your dining table. Do NOT stand and eat over the sink. Plain and simple.
7. Appetizer-Size Me. Most restaurants super-size their portions. Either order an appetizer as a main dish (if it’s not enough, you can always order a second one) or doggy bag your food at the beginning of the meal. Ask your server to pack up half and bring half!
8. Eat Breakfast. Studies show that people who skip breakfast consume more calories during the course of the day. Eating breakfast kick starts your metabolism and gets the energy moving. Make it a part of your healthy lifestyle plan.
9. Fruits and Veggies as the Main Event. In order to ingest the suggested 5 to 9 servings daily, pile high your plates first with fruits and veggies. They provide fiber, minerals, vitamins, that not only help to fight disease but also help to control portions of starches and proteins, which for the most part, are way more than necessary.
More fat-burning tips!
Unexplained phenomenon: the size of your appetite!
The Fat Fight: Are you pouring on the pounds?
Two Moons, Mars and a Moon Pie
Spread the word, NOT the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Play CLICK Away the Pounds! Christmas Merriment?
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Chick Pea Curry
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful