This week’s Sundae Puzzle is inspired by my yesterday’s visit to the Rubin Museum. Well, actually it was inspired by my visit to the Rubin Museum’s gift shop, which housed many books and gifts that were from India and Tibet.
Lakshmi, is the Hindu and Jain goddess of wealth, prosperity and good fortune. The consort of Vishnu, she is said to have taken different forms to be with him in each of his incarnations. She is a principal object of worship during Divali, when her presence is sought in homes, temples, and businesses for the whole of the year to come.
The Exhibit that I saw was worth seeing, as well!
Art’s Mandala: The Perfect Circle
“This exhibition explores the mandala, one of Tantric Buddhism’s most widely used meditational tools. Although mandalas have been assigned any number of definitions, from magic circles to cosmic diagrams, few of these meanings are either specific or expansive enough. The exhibition seeks to both refine and deepen our understanding of the mandala, decoding its structure, meaning, and related practices.”
Watch the online exhibition!
More Sundae Fun:
Whoopi Goldberg weights 174 pounds.
How to wake up happy!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Required Reading:Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Thanksgiving: Best Leftover Sandwiches Ever!!!
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!