Just in case you haven’t noticed, extra large portions of ‘chunky’ are being dished out this summer television season. In the midst of this schizophrenic landscape that sports fun-house mirrors, moving my psyche from thin to fat, and then back to thin once more, I began to wonder … what’s the summer takeaway? Is there a lesson to be learned from these shows? Is there a golden nugget to be found?
Is ‘chunky’ in or out?
The shows – Drop Dead Diva, More to Love, Dance Your Ass Off and Ruby – range from dance to comedy to reality – some promote health and weight loss, some say you’re fine just as you are, as they light up the grill and fill up on dessert. Mixed messages for sure.
Alas, the sought after nugget of gold came to me during Episode #5 of Dance Your Ass Off, when Shayla showed off her hip hop moves to “Low.”
Shayla, a 200+ pound beauty, rocked it with confidence. She oozed sexy. And there you have it, sexy has absolutely nothing to do with the number on the scale. It has all to do with turning off the criticizing chatterbox in your head that stops you from seeing and appreciating your unique and beautiful self.
Sexy people have an ‘air’ about them. They know how to ‘claim what’s theirs;’ they know how to ‘mark their territory.’ They know how to stand tall and through body language and words send out a positive message to the Universe. “Here I am! Happy to be alive. Confident, self-assured, and sexy!”
Sexy people ooze confidence, attitude and love. Want to ooze sexy with Our Lady of Weight Loss and me?
Sexy 101: 9 One-Size-Fits-All Tips on How to Let Your Sexy Rip
1. Shake It, Move It – From Jive to Meringue. Step it up and find a new way to shake your booty that connects to and energizes your soul. Nothing sexier than a high energy happy!
2. Wear Clothes that Fit – No matter what your size, there’s nothing less flattering than wearing clothes that are either too big or too small. Just take a look around you. Am I right, or am I right?
3. Smile Bright – There is nothing more alluring than a happy smile. Show off those pearly whites, and if they are not so pearly, get them whitened. It’s totally worth the investment.
4. Good Skin – Glowing skin adds to your glowing aura. Be sure to wash your face before you go to sleep as well as when you wake up, and throughout the day if you live in a dirty, gritty city like I do.
5. Smell Like a Million Bucks – Consider getting a new perfume and dabbing on a drop or two (don’t go crazy), or using a great smelling soap that lingers. Bottom line, you sure don’t want to smell bad, do you?
6. Focus on Personality – Forget what the scale says in either direction. If you are thin, and you are oozing sexy based solely on your looks, watch out. It won’t last forever. And if you’re on the chunky side, let it go as well. Let the real fun, energetic, loving and caring you shine through.
7. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. – Everyone has something to offer to another person. You are loveable, creative, talented, and worthy of love. Just make sure that the person you are lovin’, is worthy of you!
8. Walk with Confidence – Now that you are energized, clean, smelling good, and you teeth are shining – step out with confidence. Believe in yourself. Strut your stuff and …
9. Have Fun – Lighten up, have fun. The definition of sexy should be: someone who is laughing, smiling, being real and having fun!
More Tips on How to Ooze Sexy:
Sex, Healthy Mindset: Psychology Today interviews Janice Taylor
Eat, Have Sex, Lose Weight
Vegetables are Sexy, and You Can Be Too!
Spread the word, not the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- The 3 Deadliest Weight Loss Words
- Take a Bach Break. Lose Weight… Sometimes it’s just that simple!
- Morning Chew: The Epictetus Cure
- Weighty Confession: Pass the Yankee Doodle
- From Fidgeting to Fornicating: 8 Ways to Burn 100 Calories
- VLOG: Travel Weight Loss 101: 9 Travel Tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss
- Self-Care : Selfish? Self-Indulgent? Necessary?
- #Imperfectionism vs. Perfectionism : To Banish Imperfections Is to Destroy Expression
- Listen and Lose !!! Sometimes it’s just that simple …
- 10 Simple Steps: How to Survive a Tough Day