I tuned into last night’s episode of FOX’s reality TV series “More to Love” just as the girls, under Emme’s tutelage, were rating each other: Would Kristian, Mel B., et al. make a “Good Wife” or “Bad Wife” for Luke?
The “good/bad” rating system only serves to make people feel badly about themselves. Poor Kristian, as if she doesn’t have enough issues, was up first and was slam-bammed by the group. Labeled ‘bad’ given her emotional instability (so they say), she dissolved into tears. Mel B,. up last, was also shaken to her core, as the votes rolled in … bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. Yes, that’s right: 6 bads/1 good.
As a Weight Loss Coach, I hear the words ‘good’ and ‘bad’ spoken quite a bit. “I was bad today, because I ate brownies.” “I was good this week, because I said no to cake 5 times.” You are neither good nor bad. You ate brownies. You said ‘no, thank you.’
I encourage people to let go of the judgement. It serves no purpose, and can often – on a ‘bad’ week – send you careening down, down, down.
What we’re really doing is creating a sustainable healthy lifestyle. We can only do our best at any given moment. Go easy on yourself, and on Kristian and Mel B. for that matter! Please!
More Celebrity Weight to Love!
Whoopi Goldberg weighs in at 174 … and you?
Kim Kardashian: Sex tape and weight loss products
Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Accused of plagiarism?
Spread the word … not the icing!
Follow Janice on Twitter and/or Facebook!
Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal an OPRAH BOOK CLUB pick: Summer 2009 – Buy NOW!
Join the Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Write Janice Taylor, Weight Loss Coach, Certified Hypnotist, Author and 50-pound big-time-loser for an introductory one-on-one coaching session.
Visit Our Lady of Weight Loss.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance